Whole Foods Market South Capitol Hill to open October 18
Washington DC’s fifth location to feature local suppliers, dining venue and a wine bar offering sip & shop
WASHINGTON, DC (Sept. 18, 2018) - Whole Foods Market will open its new 35,000 square-foot South Capitol Hill store, located at 101 H St. SE Washington DC, at 9 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 18. The opening day festivities will include sampling and fun for all ages.
“We are eager to show our new neighbors the store that has been designed for them,” said Nick DiMarco, the Store Team Leader. “We look forward to serving the community not just as a convenient and high quality shopping experience, but also as an inviting space to enjoy delicious food.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The 35,000 square-foot store will offer a selection of grab-and-go prepared foods, grocery items and unique venues including:
- More than 100 local supplier products throughout the store, including DC favorites M’Panadas, Ice Cream Jubilee, Whisked!, Neighborgoods and more
- A full-service Allegro Espresso Bar with smoothies and self-serve draft cold-pressed juice, nitro coffee, tea on tap and build-your-own acai bowls
- Prepared foods section with self-serve pizza, hot entrees, salads and the second location of DC-based Kaz Sushi Bistro
- Full-service meat and seafood departments staffed by expert butchers and fishmongers
- A wide variety of international, national, and local cheese, as well as a self-serve fresh Severino pasta bar and olive/antipasti bar
- Expansive beer and wine selections
The South Capitol Hill store will also feature a yet-to-be unveiled dining venue with mouthwatering selections from a DC local chef. Adding to the in-store experience, the SoCap Wine Bar & Pub will offer 16 wines by the glass and 12 beers on tap, with the ability to sip & shop.
In celebration of the joining the community; on Tuesday, Oct. 24, 5 percent of the store’s net sales will benefit Building Bridges Across the River’s (BBAR), whose mission is to improve the quality of life for families living east of the Anacostia River by providing leadership, management & fiscal oversight of the 11th Street Bridge Park (Bridge Park), Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus (THEARC), THEARC Farm, THEARC Theater & Skyland Workforce Center.
Whole Foods Market South Capitol Hill will employ approximately 170 full and part time team members. The store will be open from 7am – 10pm, daily.
Whole Foods Market has four additional Washington, DC area stores: P Street, Foggy Bottom, H Street, and Tenleytown.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/southcapitolhill