Whole Foods Market to Celebrate 500th Store Opening in Midtown Atlanta on April 5
Multi-level Store Will Have Four Fast-Casual Eateries, Including Rooftop Bar; Opening Day to Feature Live Music, Events, Product Sampling, and Giveaways
ATLANTA, GA (Feb. 28, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will celebrate its 500th location with the opening of its new flagship 70,000 square-foot, multi-level Midtown Atlanta store, located at 22 14th Street NW, at 7 a.m. on Friday, April 5. As the south region flagship location, Whole Foods Market Midtown will be a community gathering destination featuring four different fast-casual eateries across four floors, including a rooftop bar with skyline views. The eateries will offer exclusive food menus and curated selections of locally sourced beer and wine.
“We can’t wait to welcome customers into this one-of-a-kind Whole Foods Market,” said Abibou N'Diaye, Store Team Leader. “From its extensive selection of responsibly-sourced, local, and innovative product offerings, to its four unique dining spaces, to its Atlanta-inspired design elements that capture the spirit of the community, we are confident that this store will offer something for a variety of tastes, preferences, and purposes.”
Kicking off at 6:30 a.m., opening day celebrations will include free coffee from a local supplier, pastries and live music. The first 500 customers in line when the doors open at 7 a.m. will receive a token, valid for one Whole Foods Market Midtown canvas tote bag with their purchase. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the first 150 customers in line will receive a gift card valued between $5 and $100. From 9 a.m. – 10 a.m., customers can cycle for a nonprofit. Spin bikes will be set up on the sidewalk in front of the store, and for every 5 minutes someone spins, Whole Foods Market will donate $1 to the Center for Puppetry Arts. Throughout the day, there will be live music and product sampling inside the store, including a meet-the-maker event featuring local suppliers from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Special features of the Midtown Atlanta store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, selections from regional growers, and an in-store “fruit and vegetable butcher,” offering cut to order fruits and vegetables while customers shop.
- Meat cutting room featuring full-service ‘old-world’ style butcher services.
- Full-service seafood department featuring poke, ceviche, and local oysters.
- Bakery Department offering in-house made and locally-produced artisan breads, a variety of desserts including macaron ice cream sandwiches, and items for special diets.
- Specialty foods section with extensive selection of cheeses, coffees, and chocolates.
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes and options for special diets; department includes a salad bar, soup wells, self-serve pizza, sushi from Genji, a sandwich station with made-to-order sandwiches, rotisserie chickens, plant-focused grain bowls, and seasonally rotating culinary popup stations. It will also offer build-your-own avocado toast and lettuce wrap bars, and a skillet bar offering items such as fried chicken, wings, and fried fish.
- Expansive selection of over 100 beers and over 1,000 wines, many from local producers.
- 150 bins of bulk scoop items including candy, beans, grains, dried herbs, and spices.
- Beauty and body care department featuring a range of local products.
- European-inspired floral shop offering unique variety of single stem flowers, roses exclusive to Whole Foods Market, and custom floral arrangements for everyday pieces, weddings and special events.
- Juice bar offering made-to-order smoothies, as well as juice shots and cold-pressed blends.
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, April 18 will be donated to Food Well Alliance, which supports local urban agriculture in Atlanta.
Whole Foods Market Midtown Atlanta will employ approximately 350 full and part time team members. The store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has 11 other stores in the Atlanta metropolitan area.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/midtownatlanta.