Whole Foods Market to Open Flagship Tysons Corner Store at The Boro on October 30
Includes In-Store Food Hall and Pub; Opening Day Celebrations to Include Music, Product Sampling and Giveaways
TYSONS, Va. (September 30, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 70,000 square-foot Tysons Corner store located in The Boro at 1635 Boro Place, at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, October 30. As Whole Foods Market’s Mid-Atlantic flagship location, the new Tysons Corner location will feature an in-store food hall offering various cuisines, a bar and game room, as well as an expansive selection of high quality grocery items, prepared foods and products from local suppliers.
Opening morning celebrations will include music, complimentary coffee from local supplier Cafe Kreyol and breakfast bites before the store opens. Additionally, the first 200 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Tysons Corner reusable tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We can’t wait for this community to experience their new Whole Foods Market,” said Carl DePree, Store Team Leader. “From its responsibly-sourced, local and innovative product offerings, to its in-store food hall, bar and game room, to its modern design elements, this store is unlike any other.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than a hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables and selections from several local producers
- In-house bakery offering an array of fresh baked breads and cakes, seasonally-inspired offerings and items for vegan and other special diets
- Full-service butcher department with a variety of ready-to-cook options, such as made in-house sausages and freshly ground beef, and selections from local suppliers
- Seafood department featuring locally sourced, fresh seafood offerings including clams, shucked oysters and crab meat, as well as a large selection of ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat options
- Specialty foods section with hundreds of cheeses overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional
- Prepared foods department with hot and cold food bars offering seasonal varieties and self-serve stations including a pizza bar, an Indian venue featuring two in-store tandoori ovens, a barbeque bar with a variety of smoked meats and sides and a full-service deli featuring charcuterie options
- Beauty and body care department with products from six local suppliers
- Expansive selection of beer and wine with hundreds of options from local producers
- Full-service Allegro coffee and tea bar
- JRINK: juice bar offering smoothies, smoothie bowls and cold-pressed juices all with functional add-ins to support everyday wellness
- Thousands of products throughout the store from local suppliers across Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C., 15 of which are recipients of Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Loan Program, which provides low-interest loans to local producers to help grow their businesses
Food Hall & Bar
Whole Foods Market Tysons Corner will also include its own food hall on the first floor of the store, which will feature several Friends of Whole Foods Market partners including:
- Officina: founded by Michelin-Star Chef, Nicholas Stefanelli; offering modern interpretations on Italian classics with a focus on handmade pastas
- Genji Izakaya: Izakaya-style menu featuring sushi, poke, dumplings and ramen
- Curiosity Doughnuts: founded by Aki Kamozawa and Alex Talbot, authors of “Ideas in Food;” featuring a variety of their flavor-obsessed doughnuts
- Rappahannock Oyster Co.: Virginia-based company serving fresh oysters with a mission to celebrate good food grown well
The Friends of Whole Foods Market program provides the opportunity for innovative businesses and entrepreneurs that align with the mission and quality of Whole Foods Market to establish their own independent retail spaces inside Whole Foods Market stores to bring shoppers unique experiences.
The Tysons Corner store will also feature a yet-to-be unveiled pub and game room on the second floor of the store.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive five percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, November 7 will benefit Food for Others, an organization that, through its Power Packs Program, provides elementary-school children with nutritious meals for the weekend so they can come to school ready to learn. From opening day through December 31, all donations from Whole Foods Market’s bag credit program, which provides a credit to customers who bring their own shopping bags, will go to Fairfax Casa, a nonprofit organization advocating for the best interest of each child that enters the juvenile court system.
Whole Foods Market Tysons Corner will employ approximately 325 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has nine additional stores in Northern Virginia.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/tysonscorner.