AUSTIN, Texas (Aug. 30, 2013) – It’s Labor Day – don’t spend it laboring in a hot kitchen. From local, vine-ripened tomatoes and juicy peaches to succulent salmon and fresh swordfish, Whole Foods Market has peak-of-season foods that require minimal labor and quick cooking to help shoppers relax into their holiday.
Here are six recipes that lean on the freshness and quality of foods in season during these dog days of summer. All are easy-to-prepare on the grill so that more time can be spent enjoying the party with family and friends.
· Corn: Corn on the Cob with Feta and Herbs: www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/corn-cob-feta-and-herbs
· Local vine-ripe tomatoes: Grilled Tomato and Romaine Salad: www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/grilled-tomato-and-romaine-salad.
· Fresh swordfish: Grilled Swordfish Tacos: www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/grilled-swordfish-tacos
· Boneless skinless chicken breast: Chicken with Grilled Peach and Chipotle Salsa: www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/chicken-grilled-peach-and-chipotle-salsa
· Ground beef: Perfect Burgers: www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/perfect-burgers
· Fresh wild Alaska Coho salmon: Grilled Salmon and Lemons with Herbs: www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/grilled-salmon-and-lemons-herbs
For more delicious Labor Day grilling recipes, check out this post in the Whole Story blog: wholefoodsmarket.com/blog/take-labor-out-labor-day