BERKELEY, Calif. (April 5, 2012) – In honor of Earth Month, Whole Foods Market (@WholeFoods) and The Beer Wench (@TheBeerWench) are encouraging friends and fans to toast to organic beers with their Apr. 10 “Save the Planet, Drink Organic” Twitter Tasting.
The organic beer-themed tasting takes place on Twitter from 8-9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Apr. 10. The tasting, featuring four organic beers from some of the world’s most respected and innovative brewers, includes:
- 8 p.m. ET: Dupont — Avril (led by @belgianexpert): The brewer's favorite beer. Light in alcohol, full in flavor. 3.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).
- 8:15 p.m. ET: Samuel Smith — Strawberry Ale (led by @merchantduvin): Smooth malt and aromatic strawberry flavors merge together in an elegant fashion with fresh, ripe strawberries. 5.1 percent ABV.
- 8:30 p.m. ET: Bison Brewing — Honey Basil Ale (led by @bisonbrew): Creatively infused with fresh, organic whole leaf basil and organic clover honey. Crisp and herbaceous with a hint of sweetness. 6 percent ABV.
- 8:45 p.m. ET: Hopworks – Rise Up Red (led by @HopworksBeer): Mahogany smooth with mild caramel sweetness, balanced by local Cascade and Centennial hops for a crisp finish. 5.8 percent ABV.
- 9 p.m. ET: After party (free for all!)
Every fifteen minutes, the focus will shift to a different featured beer as brew masters take questions from Twitter fans and share stories about the beers and the breweries. To follow the conversation, use the hashtag #WFMBeer.
At least one, if not all, of the beers listed above should be available at most Whole Foods Market stores that sell beer.
Participation is limited to those 21 years or older.