What: In celebration of World Fair Trade Day on May 11, Whole Foods Market is featuring its wide array of fair trade certified products with a sale this coming weekend from Friday, May 10 to Sunday, May 12. The natural and organic grocer will be offering discounts (of up to 25 percent) and bundle deals on more than 185 fair trade certified items, with a focus on fully-dedicated products – products that source all possible ingredients as fair trade. Featured products include:
· Alter Eco chocolates, quinoa, rice and sugar
· Divine Chocolate bars
· Dr. Bronner’s coconut oil as well as lotions, soaps and other body care products
· Equal Exchange coffee, chocolate bars and tea
· Guayaki Organic Yerba Mate
· Simply Organic vanilla, spices and baking mixes
· Whole Foods Market Tanzania Whole Trade Guarantee Schoolhouse chocolate bars
· Nature’s Path toaster pastries
· Lily’s Sweets sugar-free chocolate bars
· Nature’s All Organic, fair trade freeze dried fruits
Why: Whole Foods Market has been a leader in providing ethically sourced products for shoppers for decades. This sale will help spotlight the wide array of fair trade choices Whole Foods Market shoppers can consider if they’re looking to buy more socially responsible products. Additionally, with Mother’s Day right around the corner, this sale gives shoppers a chance to pick up Mom’s fair trade favorites like chocolate, teas, coffees and body care products for a truly thoughtful gift that gives back in developing countries.
Pull quote: “Thanks to Whole Foods Market’s growing focus on fair trade and consumer demand, our offering of these products has grown tremendously in the past decade. For example, our fair trade chocolate category alone has grown 350 percent over the past five years, a true indicator that shoppers’ choices are making a positive impact on the lives of growers and farmers around the world,” said Errol Schweizer, global grocery coordinator for Whole Foods Market.
Product selection, availability and limits may vary by region. Contact your store for details. While supplies last. No rain checks.