LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Feb. 4, 2015) – The long-awaited relocation of Little Rock’s Whole Foods Market is almost here. On Wednesday, Feb. 18, the 34,000-square-foot store will open its doors.
In addition to an expanded range of high quality natural and organic products, the store will offer more than 200 local—and more than 300 organic— items, a coffee and fresh juice bar, and a beer and wine bar serving pub style fare and featuring 12 taps.
Store opening celebrations will kick off with a traditional bread-breaking ceremony (Whole Foods Market’s version of ribbon cutting) at 7:30 a.m., followed by the grand opening at 8 a.m. The first 500 shoppers will receive a Whole Foods Market reusable shopping bag. Guests can also enjoy tastings, special sales, music and activities for all ages.
As a part of Whole Foods Market’s commitment to the community, the store will host a series of 1 percent community giving days during opening week. Guests can support a different Little Rock nonprofit each day, simply by shopping. The following nonprofit organizations will receive 1 percent of sales on the below dates, and will join the store in opening events:
Wednesday, Feb. 18– Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance
Thursday, Feb. 19 – Arkansas Local Food Network
Friday, Feb. 20 – The One
Saturday, Feb. 21 – Central Arkansas Rescue Effort for Animals (CARE)
Sunday, Feb. 22– Wildwood Park for the Arts
Full details on opening week events can be found on the store's website.
On Feb. 16, Whole Foods Market will host a preview party for the Little Rock store. The event will offer guests a chance to sneak a peek at the store and enjoy sips and samples of local and exclusive products. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Museum of Discovery. Limited tickets are available for a suggested $5 donation at the door. Guests must RSVP via Eventbrite.
The new Little Rock store will include expanded offerings and unique features such as:
• Enhanced prepared foods grab-and-go breakfast, lunch and dinner options.
• Coffee and fresh-squeezed juice bar featuring Allegro coffee.
• Beer and wine bar with 12 taps and seating indoors and outdoors.
• Hot barbecue bar featuring meats smoked in store.
• Expanded seafood department will offer four times as many options as previous department. We will cut, fillet, season and debone your fish for free – just ask!
• Self-serve pizza–grab a slice or call ahead and pick up a whole pie.
• Signature sandwich menu created just for Little Rock, with build-your-own-sandwich options.
• Indoor and outdoor community seating at the front of the store.
• 16 brightly colored shipping containers featured in the façade of the building. The store was constructed to be environmentally friendly, with several green features:
• Store lighting that automatically dims based on light use from each of our 21 skylights.
• Reclaimed barn wood throughout the store.
• Reclaimed wood gym bleachers repurposed as a bar countertop.
• Electric car charging station and bike racks.
For more information about Whole Foods Market Little Rock, find us online at:
Whole Foods Market Little Rock
501 Bowman Road
Little Rock, AR 72211
Store Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily