(WASHINGTON, D.C. – August 16, 2011) – Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) will open the doors to its new Foggy Bottom location at 2201 Eye St., NW, Washington, D.C., Tuesday, September 6th at 10am. The opening of the fourth location in the District of Columbia will commence with a traditional bread breaking followed by food and entertainment.
Steps from the Foggy Bottom Metro station, shoppers at the 36,000-square-foot store will find the new store complete with many familiar amenities as well as those making their debut for the first time. Whether grabbing food on–the-go or shopping for the week, the store is split between two levels creating a distinctive experience while providing access to quality food.
Highlights include coffee/espresso bar, made to order burgers, an organic salad bar and handcrafted Neopolitan-style pizza. The store’s commitment to locally sourced foods is evident throughout each department, from rolled-to-order sushi prepared by the innovative and acclaimed Kaz Sushi Bistro to the highest quality meat and seafood, beer/wine and produce.
New to Whole Foods Market is the convenient Prepared-Foods kiosk ordering system, where the lunch time crowd and on-the-go commuters can expedite the process of ordering and paying for items made in the Whole Foods Market kitchen using touch-screen technology.
“We’re proud to introduce our new store to the Foggy Bottom community and we have worked hard to bring new features and products tailored especially for them,” said Donovan Morris, Whole Foods Market Foggy Bottom Store Team Leader. “In addition to providing the wide selection of delicious, natural and organic foods that are the hallmark of the Whole Foods Market experience, we’re excited to be part of an innovative community that embraces new trends and look forward to continued growth.”
Features and highlights at the new Foggy Bottom store:
- Seasonal and locally sourced conventional and organic produce, Whole TradeTM Guarantee Bananas and Pineapple, and cut organic fruits and veggies cut fresh in store.
- Meat department with a full line of locally sourced beef, pork, lamb, veal, chicken and turkey, and a variety of selections ready to take home and cook.
- Seafood department featuring sustainably sourced fresh shrimp, salmon, filets, steaks, local and seasonal seafood, and oven-ready and whole fish.
- In-store Bakery including fresh European-style breads, muffins and scones, cakes, pies and tarts, cookies, gluten-free items.
- A host of value-conscious grocery items line the shelves such as 365 Everyday Value, thousands of products priced on sale daily, and a bulk and raw foods section.
- Full service coffee bar featuring local roasts, espresso, juice and limited seating opens at 7 a.m.
- Our Kitchen features handcrafted pizza, custom-made sandwiches and burgers, rolled-to-order sushi, organic salad bar, hot soups, meals-on-the-go and Weekday Deals.
- Kiosk ordering/payment system for select Kitchen items.
- Whole Body section with personal-care items to pamper, nurture and care for the whole body and nutritional supplements, herbal and homeopathic remedies and vitamins.
- Café seating for 27 with free Wi-Fi, 12 checkouts, six prepared-food kiosks and plenty of parking with 90-minute parking validation available.
- 98% of the wood used in the store is from reclaimed sources.
- The new store has been awarded the Gold GreenChill Certification by the Environmental Protection Agency. Foggy Bottom earned this distinction for its green refrigeration systems that reduces emissions is a significant step to helping our environment. Currently, they are the only grocery store in the District of Columbia to achieve this certification.
To learn more about opening celebration events and dates, please contact Defausha Hampton at 212.253.0474, Defausha@organicworkspr.com visit wholefoodsmarket.com/foggybottom or find us on Facebook as WFMFoggyBottom.