Pinecrest, Florida (September 27, 2010) — Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFMI), the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket, announces the completed renovation of the Pinecrest store on South Dixie Highway (US1). Whole Foods Market will celebrate the grand re-opening of the 30,000-square-foot, remodeled store on Saturday, October 16, with a free continental breakfast for customers at 7 a.m., followed by a traditional Whole Foods Market “bread breaking ceremony” – a foodie twist on the traditional ribbon cutting event – at 8 a.m., both taking place in the store parking lot.
“We are offering the Pinecrest community an even better store,” said Oscar Hinds, Whole Foods Market Store Team Leader. “We’ve listened to the community and have designed and enhanced the store in order to thoroughly delight as well as meet our customers’ needs. Our number one goal is to provide the Pinecrest area and surrounding communities with the freshest, most flavorful, and highest quality products, while providing superior value in an immaculately remodeled store”
Following the bread breaking ceremony, grand re-opening activities will continue throughout the weekend with special free product samples, in-store chef demonstrations, live music, and events for all ages. Details on all events will be available in the store and online at www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/pinecrest/.
ENHANCED FEATURES IN THE STORE:
The departments have been enhanced to offer more selections including:
- A larger prepared foods department featuring:
- More than 100 items on both a full-service and self-service hot bar, salad bar, and soup bar which showcase our chefs’ talents with a wide variety of cuisines from around the world – Asian, Indian, Latin, Italian, continental and home-style comfort, all prepared on-site and fresh daily.
- An enhanced meat department featuring:
- More than 15 types of in-house, hand-made sausages, kabobs and gourmet burgers.
- A 12-foot cooler offering an extended selection of smoked meats including uncured bacons and nitrate-free hot dogs and sausages.
- An expanded selection of Organic, Natural, and Kosher chicken offerings as well as Grass Fed beef.
- An expanded bakery department offering more than 21 freshly baked hearth breads as well as a new 4-foot, full-service pastry case offering 30 new patisserie and mini desserts and an extended cake case with over 40 artisanal cakes and desserts.
- Produce department housing more than 300 items daily with a focus on in-season, local, and organic items, as well as fresh-cut, ready-to-use or ready-to-eat fruits and vegetables
- An expansive fresh seafood counter with a wide selection of freshly caught local fish, and expertly prepared ready-to-cook items. Professional fish mongers are always available to cut or fillet customers’ choices to order.
- Dozens of gourmet olive oils from around the world.
- An enhanced grocery department adding over 3,000 new products and including a 4-foot designated Raw Foods section.
- European charcuterie section featuring artisanal meats and cheeses from around the world, including some of America’s top producers.
- An expansive wine department with more than 800 organic, hard-to-find and limited-availability wines including “pick six and mix” single beer program.
- A cheese department with more than 250 hand-cut cheeses and an expanded olive and antipasti bar with over 30 varieties from all around the world.
- A Whole BabyÔ section with a wide variety of all-natural baby foods, toys, supplements, baby body care, lotions, infant care items, and more.
- A comprehensive, user-friendly Whole Body ™ department, offering a large selection of luxurious natural body care items and cosmetics, as well as a broad selection of high-quality nutritional supplements and vitamins.
The community will enjoy the store’s monthly calendar of events featuring cooking classes and product demonstrations by local chefs and in-store culinary experts. The public is invited to enjoy health lectures, fitness classes, children’s events, store tours, food and wine tastings, and other activities focused on wellness.
“We are proud to offer the community an even better shopping experience than before,” said Hinds. “And we’ll continue the Whole Foods Market tradition of providing the best possible service and shopping experience to our customers at their convenient, neighborhood store.” Since 1980, Whole Foods Market has pioneered the organic and natural foods movement. All products meet Whole Foods Market’s strict quality standards to ensure they are free of artificial additives, sweeteners, colorings, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. Skilled buyers search the globe for the finest authentic products, artisans, and renowned purveyors of produce, meat, seafood, cheese, coffee, and other delicacies.