BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (March 15, 2018) – Whole Foods Market Bridgewater, the first Somerset County location for the leading natural and organic food retailer, opens Friday, March 23. The 49,000 square foot store, located at 319 Chimney Rock Rd. at Route 22, is the nineteenth Whole Foods Market location in New Jersey. Doors open to the public at 9 a.m, and opening day will include giveaways, sales, product samples and more. Regular store hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
“The enthusiasm from the Bridgewater community has been great, and we can’t wait to open,” said Whole Foods Market Bridgewater Store Team Leader Christina Estrada. “Somerset County is going through a lot of growth, and we’re so excited to be a part it, both through food and through this community.”
Whole Foods Market carefully selects each product sold to ensure they all contain the highest quality ingredients, which means no hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup, or artificial flavors, colors and preservatives are allowed in any foods sold. Highlights throughout the Bridgewater store include:
- Bridgewater Coffee & Kitchen – This brand new all-day restaurant and coffee bar features options for breakfast, lunch and dinner including local Pain D’Avignon pastries and fresh soups, salads and sandwiches.
- Juice Press – The NYC-based organic, kosher, vegan juice bar offers fresh pressed juices, soups and snacks.
- Plant & Plate – A new lifestyle shop dedicated to beauty, garden and home goods rooted in nature. Featured products include Hedley & Bennett aprons and local favorites such as Beaucycled jewelry and floral crafts from Hoboken and Brooklyn-based Apotheke candles. The shop also features pottery by Bridgewater’s own Keiko Inouye.
- In-Store Dining Favorites – The Bridgewater location serves Whole Foods Market customer favorites like made-to-order burgers, self-serve pizza and sushi rolled in-house daily, in addition to the versatile hot food bar and salad bars.
- Community Space – Indoor lounge and café seating, shuffleboard tables, and an outdoor space with a fire pit serve as community gathering spots for any time of day.
- Produce – This location will feature the freshest natural and organic produce, including seasonal selections like spring peas, morels and asparagus. Exclusive to this store is Whole Foods Market’s first indoor mushroom farm, in collaboration with Smallhold.
- Bakery – In addition to a wide selection of from-scratch baked goods, the Bridgewater store offers exclusive “take and bake” croissants, cookies, breads and pies. Local options also abound, including treats from New Jersey vendors Keeping You Sweet gluten free bakery in Hawthorne and Mo’Pweeze vegan bakery in Denville.
- Grocery — The grocery aisles have something for everyone, from money-saving bulk bin staples to 365 Everyday Value store brand products to special diet offerings. Shoppers will also find dozens of local, Jersey-made artisanal brands such as Undercover Chocolate from East Hanover, Glenda’s Kitchen cookies from Atlantic Highlands and Juice Basin juices from Asbury Park.
- Meat – Whole Foods Market meat and poultry is raised with no antibiotics or added hormones, and is rated on the Global Animal Partnership’s 5-step animal welfare scale. Local options for Bridgewater include products from Snoep Winkel Farm in Sussex County, NJ.
- Seafood – The freshest seafood is rated by trusted third-party organizations to ensure it is sustainably caught or responsibly farmed, and customer orders can be deboned or fileted for free by expert fishmongers. Bridgewater features local fish from NJ-based Trinity Seafood.
- Specialty – This department features cheese, charcuterie, antipasti and chocolate, including a number of Jersey-made artisanal products such as Elements Truffles from Jersey City. The Bridgewater store also has Juice + Kombucha, an in-store tap system serving local beverage brands Pilot kombucha and Ripe juices.
- Whole Body – The comprehensive assortment of natural cosmetics and body care products include Pure+Fresh Beauty, and essential oils-based collection from Buffalo, NY.
Whole Foods Market Bridgewater will also host a 5% Community Giving Day in conjunction with the March 23 opening. Five percent of net sales from opening day will be donated to the Somerset County Park Foundation to fund community wellness programs and improve local trails.
* * *