AUSTIN, Texas (Dec. 11, 2014) – Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is thrilled to have been recognized throughout the year by leading organizations and industry groups for its quality standards, team member happiness and customer satisfaction. From its animal welfare and sustainability standards to the exceptional achievements of its team members, Whole Foods Market is a mission-driven company that continues to push the boundaries of excellence for all food retailers.
The following is a list of top awards and accolades Whole Foods Market team members, and the business as a whole, earned in 2014:
• January – For the 17th consecutive year, Whole Foods Market made FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list.
• August— Based in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market was named one of the “Top 10 Coolest Companies to Work for in Austin” by 'a’ Magazine.
• November —Voted on by Whole Foods Market team members, the company ranked among the “20 Great Workplaces in Retail” by Great Rated! and FORTUNE.
• December— Whole Foods Market ranked No. 10 on the Baltimore Sun’s list of “Top 10 Large-sized Workplaces in Baltimore.”
• December— Whole Foods Market was included on “The Oklahoman Top Workplaces in 2014” list.
• June— Cathy Strange, Whole Foods Market’s global cheese buyer, was the first American to be awarded the prestigious “Coltellino d’ oro” by the Consortium of Parmigiano Reggiano.
• August—Strange also received the French Order of Agricultural Merit Award, presented by Christophe Malvezin, agricultural counselor for the French Embassy.
• September— Whole Foods Market Global Vice President of Quality Standards Margaret Wittenberg was named by FORTUNE and Food & Wine as one of the “Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink.”
• November— Women Impacting Storebrand Excellence and Store Brands Magazine named Dani Little, R.D., and Engine 2 program director at Whole Foods Market, one of “2014’s Top Women in Store Brands.”
• February— Whole Foods Market ranked first in the food and drug store industry, and No. 20 overall, on FORTUNE’s ”Most Admired Companies” list.
• April— According to a Harris Poll Reputation Quotient™ Study, Whole Foods Market ranked No. 8 for most reputable companies, based on Americans’ sentiment.
• April— Consumer Reports named Whole Foods the top supermarket with the best food in America.
• September— Based on a lab42 study of consumers’ perceptions of social responsibility, Whole Foods Market was recognized on a list of the “5 Most Socially Responsible Brands.”
• December— Whole Foods Market ranked No. 12 on Forbes’ “America’s 25 Most Inspiring Companies” list, based on a Performance Inspired survey.
• March—Whole Foods Market’s first store in the city of Detroit was named by the Association for Retail Environment as the most “Sustainable Project of the Year.”
• April— Whole Foods Market ranked second on the Environmental Protection Agency’s list of Top 30 Retailers with the largest green power usage within the Green Power Partnership.
• May— Greenpeace named Whole Foods Market the top retailer for seafood sustainability in its 2014 Carting Away the Ocean’s (CATO) VIII report.
• September— The company was named “Best of the Best” by the Environmental Protection Agency’s GreenChill partnership.
• November— In the Sustainability Leadership Award category of the Sustainable Beauty Awards, Whole Foods Market was voted runner-up, by Organic Monitor.
• December— Whole Foods Market was named by Organic Beauty Talk as the “Best Accessible Store to Buy Green Beauty.”
• April— At the 6th Annual Shorty Industry Awards, Whole Foods Market was named “Best Brand on Pinterest.”
• April— The Daily Meal ranked Whole Foods Market second on its list of “America’s Best Supermarkets.”
• May —Whole Foods Market ranked among Forbes’ “World’s Biggest Public Companies.”