Whole Foods Market officially opened its 53,004 square-foot Green Bay Road store today, Wednesday, July 29. Whole Foods Market’s third location in Evanston, and 25th store in Chicagoland, welcomed over 550 North Shore community residents at the Grand Opening Celebration.
To celebrate opening day, Whole Foods Market hosted its version of a ribbon cutting called a “Bread-Breaking Ceremony” with Whole Foods Market Team Members and North Shore neighbors. Highlights include:
• Welcome remarks from Mayor Elizabeth B. Tisdahl and Alderman Jane Grover
• Gift cards for the first 500 customers with a mystery value between $5 and $50, with one customer receiving a $500 gift card
• Samples and musical entertainment
• Bar – rotating selection on 20 taps of specialty beers including an exclusive Evanston Pale Ale brewed by Begyle Brewing Company and a new, exclusive Bio Pale Ale from Evanston-based Sketchbook Brewing Company.
• Wine Bar – cultivated by a master sommelier, the wine list will feature an extensive selection of palate-pleasing red, white and rose vintages to choose from including Sparkling Brut from Illinois Sparkling Company.
• Bar food – classic bar fare, fresh-cut pastas, specialty cheeses and other delicacies available for pairings.
• Coffee Bar – a variety of light, medium and dark roasted coffees, espresso drinks, blended beverages, and fresh, in-house made cold brew coffee on tap.
• Sandwich Station – in-house smoked meats such as brisket, pork and chicken.
• Taqueria – Cuban-inspired tacos including pollo asado, ropa vieja, mojo pork or Jackfruit.
• Juice bar – fresh juice and smoothie blends made with real cuts of fruit and vegetables, and new to the Whole Foods Market stores, smoothie bowls. Smoothie bowls are thick and creamier smoothies, served with delicious fruit and nut toppings. They are more nutritionally dense and offer a more substantial breakfast.
• Seafood – first in the Chicago area, fried shrimp, calamari, and walleye fingers available to enjoy at the bar or to take home for a quick and easy meal.
• Scratch bakery – fresh breads and pastries created daily including a variety of wheat, white, rye and other types of bread; that can be sliced for sandwiches or cut to meet the needs of any size family. The talented Team Members are also making doughnuts daily.
• Meat – in-house cured and smoked bacon featuring a variety of flavors such as sweet heat, pork jalapeno, pork maple and pork apple cinnamon.
• North Shore residents will also enjoy the gelato station, Neapolitan-style pizza, in-house smoked seafood, dry-aged steaks, and cut to order cheeses.
• Décor features – Fireclay Tile, made from 100% recycled content, and Pioneer Millworks wood, sourced from deconstructed buildings, fences and barns through out the USA. It is processed in a 100% wind powered facility and kilns 100% heated with scrap wood.
Whole Foods Market Green Bay Road is located at 2748 Green Bay Road, Evanston. The company has two other locations in Evanston at 1640 Chicago Avenue and 1111 Chicago Avenue.