CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (Dec. 19, 2020) – On Saturday, Dec. 19, Whole Foods Market opened a new 26,800-square-foot store, located at 1814 Gunbarrel Road in Chattanooga.
Special features of the new Chattanooga East store include:
- Full-service butcher available to cut steaks to order, debone poultry and season or marinate upon request. Department features made-in-house sausages, as well as locally sourced options like grass-fed beef from Simpson’s Meats.
- Produce department offering fresh fruits and vegetables, including selections from local growers like Ellijay Mushrooms and hydroponic greens from BJ’s. Floral department will also offer local options, including poinsettias from Coweta Greenhouses.
- Seafood counter featuring fresh and frozen seafood, made-in-house crab cake varieties and stuffed salmon fillets, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed. Local options include seafood dips from Inland Seafood and smoked salmon from Woodsmoke Provisions.
- Robust specialty food department featuring cheese, coffee, tea, beer, wine, housewares and more specialty foods and products. Local products include chocolates from Colts Chocolates, pimento cheese from My Three Sons, coffee from Mad Priest Coffee Roasters and craft marshmallows from Malvi Mallow.
- Extensive selection of 180 beers, including offerings from local breweries like Five Wits Brewing Company, Hutton & Smith Brewing Company and WanderLinger Brewing Company.
- Grocery department featuring 300 local suppliers, including sparkling water from Montane Spring and granola from Out of the Blue Granola.
- Bakery department offering holiday items such as panettone, yule logs and stollen, as well as local offerings like mini scones and sandwich breads from La Farm Bakery, hearth bread from Niedlov’s Bakery & Café and muffins from Clark’s Bakery.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring local products like elderberry syrup from Gaia Herbs, hand crafted lip balm from Crazy Rumors and soy wax candles from Paddywax.
- More than 1,500 local products throughout the store from more than 150 local suppliers, many of which are new to Whole Foods Market. Other suppliers, like candle producer Thistle Farms, and kombucha maker Buchi, are loan recipients of Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Loan Program, which provides low-interest loans to local producers to help grow their businesses.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 preservatives, flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns, including Chattanooga, TN. Curbside pickup is also available at all Whole Foods Market locations.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/chattanoogaeast.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.