TUSTIN, Calif (July 11, 2007). Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFMI), the world's leading natural and organic foods supermarket and the nation's first certified organic grocer is relocating its current Tustin store on Holt Avenue to the highly anticipated 60,000 square foot location at The District at Tustin Legacy, opening in late August.
The new and innovative location will offer a fresh and distinctive approach, melding the grocery shopping and dining experience ingeniously together. The concept combines in-store dining with a supermarket by adding unique features such as a Tea Bar, Smokehouse and Seafood Grill, a Taqueria and Churrascharia and Asian eateries with a local and seasonal menu.
“In relocating our Tustin store to this new site, we'll be able to offer a culinary experience yet to be seen in Orange County,” said Marci Frumkin, Regional Marketing Coordinator, Whole Foods Market. “While we love our current location, we have outgrown it and are excited about everything that we'll be able to add to our customer's shopping experience by expanding! Besides being your local produce stand, butcher shop, fish market and florist, we are combining the concept of a healthy, organic eatery and supermarket. It's a whole new way to look at the grocery shopping experience.”
Since its opening in 1980, Whole Foods Market has helped transform the way Americans eat and think about food. “We want our shoppers to celebrate the joys of eating and living well. We hope Whole Foods Market will continue to prompt change in the way people think about and shop for food” said John Mackey, Whole Foods Market CEO and co-founder.
Highlights of The District at Tustin Legacy Include:
- Wine and Tapas Bar — featuring amazing wines from around the world, along with delicious cheeses, charcuterie, olives, nuts and more.
- Extensive Wine Department with more than 1,200 selections to match any occasion, meal or budget and enomatic wine machines so shoppers can taste various selections before they buy.
- Smokehouse and Seafood Grill — Chicken, beef and seafood cooked or grilled to order — from fish and chips, seafood pasta, barbecued beef and pulled pork sandwiches, along with wine by the glass and seasonal draft beers — all offered in a sit-down venue within the store.
- Butter Bar — with hand crafted flavored butters made daily.
- Sit Down Tea Bar — with tea specialists to answer all of your questions.
- Churrascharia and Taqueria — featuring South American rotisserie style meats including garlic top sirloin and lamb and Brazilian sausage. The Taqueria offers made-to-order burritos, nachos, tamales, enchiladas and more.
- Hand Cut Cheese Varieties — more than 300.
- Custom Cake Decorating.
- Fresh Donuts — made by the hour. Savory bakery treats made fresh daily including pretzels, foccacia, ham and cheese croissants.
- Produce Department — 6500+ square-foot featuring more than 600 items daily.
- Tortilla Machine — making fresh corn and flour tortillas.
- Eco-Chic Apparel — accessories and home goods.
- Chocolate Island — with more than 50 chocolate choices and white and dark chocolate fountains.
- Free Wireless Internet Access.