FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (Oct. 28, 2020) – On Wednesday, Oct. 28, Whole Foods Market opened a new 47,000-square-foot store, located on the northwest corner of the Federal Highway and 17th Street intersection at 501 SE 17th St. in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Special features of the new Fort Lauderdale store include:
- Sushi rolls, poke bowls and wok-fired dishes from Sushi Maki, a Friends of Whole Foods Market venue.
- Coffee Bar with on-tap offerings including nitro cold-brew, nitro tea, wine and local beer from producers like 3 Sons Brewing Co., Funky Buddha Brewery and Barrel of Monks Brewing.
- Seafood counter featuring fresh and frozen seafood, made-in-house seafood burgers, seasoned and marinated shrimp and smoked salmon, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed. Local options include spiny lobster from Keys Fisheries and Key West pink shrimp from Cox’s Seafood.
- Produce department offering fresh fruits and vegetables, including selections from local suppliers like Sunset Salsa, Fullei Fresh and Lipman Family Farms. The department also carries a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Full-service butcher featuring made-in-house sausages, gourmet burgers and dry-aged beef, as well as locally sourced beef options from Adams Ranch.
- Specialty food selection overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion.
- Extensive selection of more than 800 wines and 150 beers, including an exclusive 17th Street Hazy IPA from Tarpon River Brewing and an assortment of beer offerings from local producers.
- Grocery department featuring 90 local suppliers with offerings from local creators like Wells Coffee Co. and Eat Peekaboo, an ice cream made with hidden vegetables.
- In-house bakery serving pies, cakes, pastries and items for special diets, as well as selections from local bakeries such as Cookies By Shar, Cosa Duci Italian Bakery and Simply Delicious Bakers.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring various products in the body care, supplement and lifestyle categories that feature local suppliers like RSP Nutrition immunity & hydration shots, soap from Lolablue Living, sunscreen from Stream2Sea and coconut oil from Conscious Coconut.
- More than 1,200 local products throughout the store from more than 180 local suppliers, including Estuary Oysters and 5150 Craft Chocolate.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 preservatives, flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns.
This is the retailer’s second location in Fort Lauderdale. The first, at 2000 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, opened in 1997.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/17thstreet.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit http://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.