(Greenwich, Conn., Sept. 8, 2016) – Whole Foods Market, the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket is pleased to announced the grand re-opening celebration of their recently renovated Greenwich location (at 90 E. Putnam Avenue). With the addition of 7,000 square feet and a new look that echoes the Greenwich community, customers can expect to find an updated store that is easier to navigate for a more pleasurable shopping experience. Specifically, customers will enjoy an updated interior, new in-store venue options, a variety of new products and much more.
To celebrate these renovations, festivities will kick off on Monday, September 12 with exclusive deals, giveaways and more during a weeklong series of local happenings. A variety of promotions and tastings will take place from 11am to 2pm daily, plus a daily drawing to win a $500 gift card for your favorite Greenwich charity.
As part of Whole Foods Market’s continued commitment to the local community, the Bruce Museum has been named the 5% Community Giving Day Partner for Thursday, September 15. The Bruce Museum will be the recipient of 5% of the store’s sales from this date to benefit the museum’s Family Days, offering family-friendly hands-on art and science workshops, tours of the Museum’s exhibitions, live performances and inquiry-based games and activities that encourage families to learn together.
- Monday, Sept. 12 @ 3pm-7pm: Bogavia Spa Event – Join us for complimentary Petite Fall Detox Facials with Alison Ragusa, creator of Bogavia.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 @ 6pm-7:30pm: Cheese Night – Learn about Alpine cheeses from our expert cheesemonger and enjoy a variety of samples to inspire your next cheese platter.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14 @ 12pm: Cake Cutting – Celebrate the new and improved store with a slice of delicious cake, baked fresh in house.
- Friday, Sept. 16 @ 4pm-6pm: Mocktails & Hors D’Oeuvres – Stop by for passed drinks and light bites served throughout the store while you stock up for weekend entertaining.
The grand re-opening will the celebrate the store’s expanded, more spacious floor plan and the company’s unparalleled selection of natural and organic goods from prepared foods to grocery and more.
- All shoppers will enjoy the store’s updated interior, which has been modernized for a more elegant look and feel.
- In the Prepared Foods Department, customers can check out new in-store venues including Pizza, a new Hot Bar and Salad Bar, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
- The new Coffee and Juice Bar will feature Allegro coffee and tea drinks along with fresh smoothies and juices.
- Children and adults alike will love the store’s new cookie bar, featuring a fine selection of cookies from favorite local vendors! In addition, shoppers will find a fresh selection of breads from Wave Hill Bread (Norwalk, CT) featuring the 3-grain French Country Bread made with freshly milled grains and alternative flours and grains.
- The Grocery aisles will be stocked with popular local favorites including Andrew’s Honey, Whipped Up frozen cookie dough bites, Tearrific tea-infused ice creams, Kelly’s Four Plus Granola and more!
- The frozen, bulk and beer sections have each been updated and expanded with an array of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options.
- Shoppers will relish in the Specialty Department’s expanded offerings, including a new Olive Bar with 28 types of accompaniments, ideal for entertaining!
- The Whole Body department, now merged within the main store’s space, features an expansive display of the highest quality bath and body care items.
- Checkout has been made even speedier with the addition of four express registers.
For additional information and future announcements, please visit the store’s social media channels: