DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 6, 2020) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 41,000 square-foot Delray Beach store located at 680 Linton Blvd, at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 29. As part of the opening day celebrations, guests can enjoy complimentary coffee, local product sampling and music before the store opens. Additionally, the first 500 customers in line will receive a $5 savings card, with one customer receiving one for $500. Once the doors open, the first 500 customers to check out will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Delray Beach reusable shopping bag.
“We can’t wait to welcome the Delray Beach community into their new Whole Foods Market,” said Jan Vandervort, Store Team Leader. “We’re working hard to create a relaxed, inviting atmosphere that our neighbors will love, and we look forward to providing this community with a wide selection of accessible, high quality and innovative products, as well as a variety of local items that are exclusive to Whole Foods Market.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as over 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from 15 local growers and a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Seafood counter featuring locally sourced, fresh seafood offerings such as Key West pink shrimp, spiny lobster tail and whole yellow tail snapper, as well as made-in-house options including key lime shrimp, marinated salmon fillets and Tuscan salmon meatballs.
- Full-service butcher offering made in-house sausages, dry-aged beef and ready-to-cook options including marinated burgers and seasoned kabobs, as well as local ground beef, ribeye steaks and strip steaks.
- Bakery department offering an array of freshly baked cakes and pies made in-house, as well as artisan breads, gourmet cakes and items for special diets.
- Specialty foods section featuring a variety of natural wines and freshly cut cheeses, as well as an assortment of chocolates and other items from local suppliers; the cheese selection is overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion.
- Selection of about 100 beers and 800 wines, including options from local producers.
- Prepared foods section featuring a salad bar, 24 seasonally rotating soups, Neapolitan and Detroit style pizza, rotisserie chickens, plant-based entrées, sushi and a full-service charcuterie case.
- Full-service coffee and juice bar offering a variety of cold brew, espresso, Cuban coffee and cold-pressed juices on tap.
- Beauty, body care and home goods section featuring products from more than 20 local suppliers, some of which are exclusive to Whole Foods Market; from opening day through Feb. 2, all wellness and beauty products at the Delray Beach store will be 25% off, including protein, probiotics, face care, makeup and more.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive 5% back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
To celebrate joining the community, 1% of the store’s net sales will benefit a different community partner every day from Jan. 29 through Feb. 2. Benefitting organizations include Delray Beach Children’s Garden on Jan. 29, CROS Ministries Delray Beach Food Pantry on Jan. 30, The Milagro Center on Jan. 31, Jacobson Family Food Pantry on Feb. 1 and Healthier Delray Beach on Feb. 2.
Whole Foods Market Delray Beach will employ approximately 150 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has four other stores in Palm Beach County.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/delraybeach.