NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Jan. 30, 2020) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 44,500 square-foot store in downtown Nashville, located at 1202 Broadway, at 9 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 28. As part of the opening day celebrations, guests can enjoy complimentary coffee and pastries from local supplier Stay Golden before the store opens. The first 250 customers in line will receive a token valid for a custom Whole Foods Market Nashville reusable tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $20.
“We are excited to bring Whole Foods Market to downtown Nashville,” said Heather Masullo, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to providing the Nashville community with greater access to high-quality food, grocery and body care products, as well as a destination to discover new flavors and local items unique to this area.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as over 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Special features of the store will include:
- Fresh produce department offering varieties of fresh fruits and vegetables, including options from local growers and a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Full-service butcher offering made in-house sausages, ready-to-cook options and selections from local suppliers.
- Seafood department offering fresh and frozen seafood, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Specialty foods section featuring packaged coffee, dips, chocolates and a selection of cheeses overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion.
- Expansive selection of beers and wines, with about 30 beers from local producers.
- In-house bakery offering breads, buttermilk pies and pastries, as well as items from local bakeries and options for special diets.
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars, including salad, soups, pizza, sushi and offerings from Korean, Indian, Thai and Chinese cuisines.
- Bulk section offering more than 110 items including nuts, seeds, granola, grains, dried fruit and candy.
- Beauty and body care section featuring a variety of products from eight local suppliers.
- Broad Brews, a full-service coffee bar offering coffee, espresso, nitro cold brew and teas, as well as beer, canned wine and pastries.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive 5% back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
To celebrate joining the community, 5% of the store’s net sales on March 11 will benefit Trap Garden, a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to help build, sustain and empower low-income communities by assisting in the creation of community gardens and the promotion of healthy eating.
Whole Foods Market Nashville Downtown will employ approximately 120 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has two additional stores in the Greater Nashville area.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/nashvilledowntown.