CINCINNATI, Ohio (July 29, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 38,000 square-foot Kenwood store, located at 5901 E Galbraith Road, at 9 a.m. on Thursday, August 29. Opening day celebrations will include complimentary coffee from Deeper Roots Coffee, pastries and music before the store opens. Additionally, the first 200 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Kenwood reusable canvas tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We can’t wait for the Kenwood community to experience their new Whole Foods Market,” said Eric Knapke, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to providing our customers with high quality food and service and an extensive selection of items that are unique to this area.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. The store will offer a wide selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables, selections from regional growers and self-serve, fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Bakery department offering an array of fresh baked breads, pastries, cakes and self-serve, mini desserts decorated by an in-store decorator; includes vegan and other special diet offerings
- Full-service butcher department with in-house made sausages and fresh meat cuts, including options from local suppliers
- Seafood department featuring fresh seafood offerings and a large selection of packaged and frozen fish
- Specialty foods section with more than 200 cheeses, including locally sourced options and a self-serve olive and antipasti bar
- Hot and cold prepared food bars offering seasonal dishes with vegan and organic varieties; department includes a salad bar, soup wells, skillet bar with finger foods, full charcuterie case and stations for self-serve Detroit-style pan pizza, sushi, rotisserie chickens and made-to-order sandwiches
- Bulk section with over 100 items, including mix and match candy
- Beauty and body care department featuring a variety of products, all of which meet Whole Foods Market’s body care standards that ban animal testing and more than a hundred commonly used ingredients
- Expansive selection of beer and wine with offerings from local producers
- Hundreds of products from local suppliers, four of which are recipients of Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Loan Program, which provides low-interest loans to local producers to help grow their businesses
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, September 5 will benefit Madeira Schools Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the local school system by providing students with unique opportunities and experiences to enhance their education.
Whole Foods Market Kenwood will employ approximately 100 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
The Kenwood store joins Whole Foods Market’s Mason and Hyde Park stores in serving the Cincinnati area. Whole Foods Market has a total of 10 additional stores in Ohio.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/kenwood.