NEWTOWN SQUARE, PA (Dec. 10, 2018) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 51,000 square-foot Newtown Square store, located at 3737 West Chester Pike, at 9 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 18. Opening day celebrations will include complimentary coffee from local partner One Village and breakfast pastries starting at 8 a.m. The first 200 customers through the doors will receive a Whole Foods Market gift card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“From the grocery shopping experience to the unique dining options, the store we have created for Newtown Square is something truly special,” said John Frei, Store Team Leader. “We are looking forward to serving our customers and becoming a part of this great community.”
Each item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The 51,000 square-foot store will offer a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items. Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers
- Full-service butcher department featuring a dry aging room with whiskey dry-aged meat, as well as in-house made sausages in a variety of flavors and a new ready-to-cook stir fry selection
- Seafood department with unique offerings, such as Korean BBQ smoked octopus, truffle smoked scallops and chimichurri smoked Chilean seabass
- A specialty foods section with extensive selection of cheeses and a self-serve fresh pasta bar with local vendor partner, Severino
- An expansive in-house bakery offering a full line of scratch made breads, cakes and self-serve baked goods, such as mini pastries and cupcakes; including vegan, gluten free and other special diet offerings
- Prepared hot and cold food bars with seasonal vegan and organic options, salad bar, soup wells, self-serve pizza and tacos, a wood-fired pub menu and rotisserie chickens
- A full-service Allegro Coffee Bar with nitro cold brewed coffee and tea, fresh juices and build-your-own acai bowl station with assortment of delicious toppings
- A specialty beauty and body care department featuring a luscious bulk body care wall and local products
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers, such as Sterling Pig Brewery, 2SP Brewing and Conshohocken Brewing Company
The Newtown Square store will also feature an in-store beverage, dining and gathering venue, the Darby Creek Cafe. This space will offer 12 local beers on tap, a curated selection of wine and sherry-based cocktails, as well as a pub-inspired food menu. Open from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, Jan. 24 will benefit Marple Newtown School District's Black and Orange Fund, which gives back to the school community through several avenues, including support to student programs, booster clubs and organizations, and scholarships.
Whole Foods Market Newtown Square will employ approximately 160 full and part time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has 13 additional stores in the greater Philadelphia area.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/newtown