Whole Foods Market will open its new 32,000 square-foot Weehawken store, located at 1400 Waterfront Terrace in The Shops at Lincoln Harbor, at 9 a.m. on Friday, July 26. Opening day celebrations will include complimentary Balthazar Bakery pastries and Café Grumpy coffee before the store opens, with the first 100 customers receiving a Whole Foods Market reusable canvas tote bag. Additionally, shoppers can sample an assortment of products from local suppliers on opening day and throughout opening weekend.
“We can’t wait to join the Weehawken community,” said Jose Navas, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to providing our neighbors with a variety of natural and organic grocery items, fresh grab-and-go prepared foods and access to hundreds of local products.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from over 50 local suppliers
- Full-service butcher department featuring sausage, beef, chicken, lamb and turkey options from local suppliers, as well as a range of ready to cook items
- Seafood department with unique offerings, such as in-house made salmon burgers, crab cakes and lobster rolls
- Expansive in-house bakery offering self-serve baked goods, such as cookies and cakes; includes selection from local bakeries and vegan, gluten-free and other special diet offerings
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars, seasonal and organic options; includes a salad bar, soup wells, rotisserie chickens, self-serve square style pizza, sushi and charcuterie offerings
- Full-service coffee bar from Friends of Whole Foods Market partner Café Grumpy, featuring nitro cold brewed coffee on tap, single origin coffee selections and seasonal drinks
- Specialty foods section with extensive selection of local cheeses and a self-serve fresh pasta bar
- Products from more than 150 local suppliers featured throughout the store, including in the beauty and body care department
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on opening day will benefit the Weehawken High School Culinary Initiative.
Whole Foods Market Weehawken will employ approximately 190 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 19 additional stores in New Jersey.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/weehawken.