AUSTIN, Texas (Nov. 6, 2009) —Whole Foods Market, the leading natural and organic foods supermarket, offers seasonal wellness support and features a variety of products that naturally build the body’s defenses and bolster the immune system.
“There’s no better time of year to strengthen the immune system,” said Jody Villecco, nutritionist and quality standards coordinator for Whole Foods Market.
“Our Whole Body departments feature a variety of products including certain herbs and other nutrients that can help nourish, strengthen and support the body’s immune system.”
With an array of immune-system boosters available in its Whole Body departments ? along with podcasts, in-store lectures and seasonal wellness tips ? Whole Foods Market is this season’s immune support destination. Suggested immune system-boosting products include:
Source Naturals Wellness Formula
– A powerful combination of herbs, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, Wellness Formula is the perfect pick to rebalance your well-being. Suggested retail: $8.99 for 45 tablets.
Rapid Relief Black Elderberry Syrup
– 100-percent natural and organic, this super-concentrated syrup is infused with the immune-boosting power of elderberries, recognized for centuries for their health-supporting properties. Packed with Vitamin C, this natural syrup helps support healthy immune response. Suggested retail: $19.99 for 5.4 fl. oz.
365 Everyday Value Flu Ease
– Take this homeopathic formula at the first sign of the flu. Each dose of quick-dissolving, easy-to-take pellets provides natural relief from body aches, fever, chills and other symptoms. The best part? No side effects like drowsiness or drug interaction risks. Suggested retail: $8.99 for six doses.
Hand Sanitizing Mint Spray
– One tip to stay healthy is to keep your hands clean, so try an organic alternative to hand sanitizers with EO Hand Sanitizing Spray. This combination of invigorating peppermint oil, vitamin E and thyme sanitizes hands, leaving a refreshingly soothing scent. Suggested retail: $4.99 for 2 fl.oz.
In addition to featuring a wide range of immune system-boosting products, Whole Foods Market offers a series of podcasts and blogs on winter wellness, available at www.wholefoodsmarket.com. Also, in-store lectures and brochures, available in the Whole Body departments, address a number of topics, including:
- Differences between a cold and the flu
- How ingredients like garlic, turmeric, cayenne pepper and kale can help strengthen the immune system
- Which herbs and supplements provide immune support
- Recipes for immune system-boosting soups and smoothies
- Seasonal wellness tips to help ward off colds and the flu
“These are just a few favorite products that customers love. Our stores have a variety of unique items to meet all immune-support needs,” said Jeremiah McElwee, senior Whole Body coordinator for Whole Foods Market. “Our Whole Body team members are highly knowledgeable and can help you find the perfect supplement or personal care products.”