Date of sale: August 2, 2013
What’s on sale: Wild-caught Alaska Coho salmon
What to know about this salmon:
- It’s the peak of wild salmon season! This Coho is fresh, never frozen, and rich in Omega-3s.
- Coho is full-flavored, flaky, moist and tender, making it a versatile and delicious choice for the grill, summer salads or hearty salmon burgers.
- The wild Alaska salmon Whole Foods Market selects are allowed to mature at their own pace by feeding on their natural diet in the icy cold waters of Alaska.
- This wild Alaska Coho salmon comes from fisheries rated green by the Monterey Bay Aquarium or Blue Ocean Institute. That signals healthy populations (no overfishing) and a fishing method that’s easy on the environment.
- We have two dedicated port buyers based in Alaska throughout the salmon season. They work personally with fishermen to bring the highest-quality salmon to our fresh cases.
- Get details on our Whole Story blog.
Wild salmon is a healthy choice for summer BBQs or light family meals. It’s easy to grill, broil, roast or poach.
- Rosemary-Lime Wild Alaska Salmon Kabobs – perfect for summer grilling and entertaining!
- Poached Wild Salmon with Skillet Tomatoes – takes advantage of in-season produce
- Avocado Salmon Salad with Kale – nutrient rich, and a great way to leftover salmon for a healthy lunch
- Wild Coho Salmon with Sunshine Rice – Health Starts Here recipe
U.S. and Canada stores only. Availability may vary. No rain checks.