One-Day Sale: Grass-fed ground beef
Date of sale: Sept. 13, 2013
Price: $4.99/lb (average savings of more than $2/lb)
Whole Foods Market's expert butchers can discuss:
- Simple ground beef recipes to serve a family of four
- Cooking suggestions to bring out the best flavor of grass-fed meat choices
- Tips for buying meat from responsibly raised animals
- How to incorporate meat into a healthy diet
What to know about Whole Foods Market’s grass-fed ground beef:
- Like all of the beef sold at Whole Foods Market, this grass-feed ground beef comes from 5-Step™ Animal Welfare Rated farms, so shoppers can know how the animals were raised for the meat they are buying.
- Grass-fed ground beef comes from cattle raised on pasture their entire lives.
- Grass-fed beef is a delicious, typically leaner alternative to grain-fed beef with an intense beef flavor your sure to enjoy.
- Because grass-feed beef is typically leaner, it can cook a little quicker. Use indirect heat or lower your oven temperature by 25 degrees when cooking to keep all the tasty juices!
Grass-fed beef is great in patties on the grill, baked into a simple casserole or sautéed and served up in a crisp lettuce wrap. Try:
U.S. and Canada stores only. Price in company's North Atlantic region (stores across Mass., Conn., Maine, R.I.) is $3.99/lb. Availability may vary. No rain checks.