Date of sale: October 18, 2013
What’s on sale: Responsibly Farmed™ Atlantic salmon
Price: $8.99/lb. in US and Ontario. ($2.99/100g in British Columbia)
What to know about this salmon:
• The fish is rich in Omega-3s and is raised without antibiotics, pesticides or added growth hormones.
• This salmon is fresh, never frozen because it’s harvested and shipped to order directly from pristine farms in Iceland, Norway or the U.K.
• The Responsibly Farmed™ label assures shoppers that seafood is raised according to the industry’s highest aquaculture standards. That means no parasiticides or phosphate and sulfite preservatives; low density pens so fish have room to swim and stay healthy; and farmers monitor water quality to prevent pollution.
• Farmed salmon is full-flavored, flaky, moist and tender, making it a versatile and delicious choice for everything from hearty entrees to a fresh garden salad or even juicy salmon burgers.
Salmon is a healthy choice for fall dinner parties or light family meals. Whether you prefer to grill, broil, roast or poach, salmon is sure to maintain its rich flavor.
• Salmon with Cilantro Pumpkin Seed Pesto – earthy yet bright and unexpected, the fall flavors in this quick salmon recipe are surprisingly simple to pull together
• Roasted Salmon Stuffed with Spinach, Feta and Ricotta – the rich, crowd-pleasing flavors and impressive presentation make this salmon perfect for entertaining
• Roasted Salmon and Grapes – a fantastic combination of sweet and savory that is sure to excite the palate.
Available in U.S. and Canada stores. Availability may vary. No rain checks.