Dates of sale: July 1 – July 7, 2015
What’s on sale: Marine Stewardship Council Certified 10/20 Count Sea Scallops
What to know about North Atlantic Sea Scallops:
- Whole Foods Market’s North Atlantic sea scallops are frozen within hours of harvest.
- They’re sweet, creamy and mild to taste.
- These scallops are perfect for grilling, and work well in a kebab. From summer dinner parties to quick lunches, scallops can be dressed up or down and pair well with seasonal produce, fresh herbs and bright citrus.
- Scallops are very low in saturated fat. They are also a good source of magnesium and potassium, and a very good source of protein and vitamin B12.
- These sea scallops are traced from the fishery to the store, ensuring customers receive the highest quality seafood they expect.
- The Marine Stewardship Council’s blue eco-label indicates that the scallops – and all seafood with the MSC label – were certified sustainable by accredited, independent agencies.
Whole Foods Market is proud to set the industry’s highest seafood standards for quality and sustainability. By collaborating with the Marine Stewardship Council, the world’s leading seafood certification program, and science-based rating programs from the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Safina Center, Whole Foods Market is working to reverse trends of overfishing and bycatch.
Cooking suggestions: Scallops are simple, quick-cooking and delicious. Their fresh, light taste inspires flavorful summer dishes.
- Scallops with Cherry-Tarragon Sauce – Take advantage of cherry season with this exciting dish
- Seafood Burgers with Roasted Cabbage Slaw – Change up your burgers with fresh scallops and seafood
- Arugula Salad with Seared Scallops – Crisp greens join roasted walnut oil, spicy radishes, white wine vinegar, minced shallot and sweet honey for a salad that accentuates the delicate flavor of fresh sea scallops.
- Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Sea Scallops – Rich and delicious, perfect for the grill or summer dinner gatherings.
U.S. stores only.