OMAHA, Neb. (September 21, 2005). Whole Foods Market® (Nasdaq: WFMI), the world's leading natural and organic foods supermarket and the nation's first certified organic grocer, opens its new 55,000-square-foot Omaha store today. Located at 10020 Regency Circle, the new store is the company's first location in Nebraska. A celebration of great-tasting food is in store with a ribbon-cutting event at 9:00 am and a bread-breaking ceremony at 11:00 a.m.
“At Whole Foods Market, it is our goal to share our enthusiasm for the freshest, most flavorful natural and organic foods, and we are thrilled to open a new store in Omaha. Whether you're seeking a wide variety of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, specialty gourmet items, all-natural meats and poultry, or everyday pantry staples at great prices, you can find what you're looking for at Whole Foods Market in Omaha,” said Tom Marciniak, store team leader. “We believe that food in its purest state – free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, colorings and hydrogenated oils – is the best tasting and most nutritious food available.”The store will celebrate its grand opening through the weekend with food sampling, giveaways, music, face-painting, balloon artists and more. The first 500 shoppers Wednesday through Sunday will receive a free, commemorative Whole Foods Market Omaha tote bag.
On the Shelf and In the Aisles
Spanning 55,000 square feet, the new Whole Foods Market store offers a vast array of tempting foods and delights sure to please the most discerning palate, including:
- more than 400 varieties of seasonal and local produce, at least 100 of which are certified organic;
- more than 300 varieties of natural and organic cheeses, ranging from Wisconsin cheddar to French raw milk cheese;
- more than 50 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish, including wild Alaskan salmon, fresh Maine lobsters and Dungeness crab, flown-in and delivered fresh six days per week;
- a variety of choice natural meats, including all-natural pork, in-house smoked meats, dry-aged beef, and 24 varieties of fresh sausage made in-house;
- freshly baked artisan breads, cookies, pastries, muffins and other flavorful baked goods from the store's in-house bakery;
- a chocolate enrobing station to dip fruit, nuts, candies and dried fruits in chocolate;
- a robust and exciting selection of olives, p?té, handcrafted butters and cheeses;
- coffee beans roasted in-store;
- an espresso and coffee bar;
- a walk-in wine cellar;
- a bulk grocery department featuring 268 items, including nuts, dried fruits, cereals, grains, and so much more;
- a vast array of vegetarian and vegan choices;
- a large selection of luxurious natural body care items and cosmetics;
- advanced nutritional supplements and vitamins;
- a beautiful selection of fresh-cut flowers and plants;
- and essential grocery staples, including frozen foods and a full selection of dairy products, including Whole Foods Market's own 365 Everyday Value™ and 365 Organic Everyday Value™ signature lines of products offering the same high standards for taste and quality – at everyday value prices.
Whole Foods Market also features an extensive selection of restaurant-quality prepared food choices, including:
- delicious daily specials;
- global cuisine;
- vegetarian and vegan fare;
- freshly prepared pizza baked in a brick oven;
- made-to-order noodle and teriyaki bowls;
- 24 unique flavors of Italian gelato such as peanut-butter banana, passion fruit and wild strawberry;
- made-to-order sushi;
- “u-buy, we-fry” seafood and fish;
- hot seafood chowders and soups;
- a BBQ sandwich station;
- and freshly prepared fare from Sonoma Chicken Salad and Portobello Spring Rolls to Almond & Dill Crusted Sole and Grilled Marinated Lamb Salad.
About our Team Members
Whole Foods Market, which has already created 150 jobs in the Omaha community, has been named by Fortune magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in America for eight consecutive years – every year since the list's inception.
“Whole Foods Market is a mission-driven company and our Team Members are truly passionate about sharing the joys of great-tasting food with others. The goal of every Team Member is to delight each shopper every time they visit Whole Foods Market,” Marciniak said.
Whole Foods Market has a history of establishing a deep commitment to each of the communities it serves. “We're looking forward to putting down roots and becoming an integral part of the Omaha area community,” Marciniak said.
As part of that commitment, Whole Foods Market holds quarterly Community Support Days, in which five percent of a day's gross sales are donated to a local non-profit organization. A Community Support Day will be held November 3 to benefit Omaha Performing Arts and the group's educational and outreach efforts.