Burbank, Calif. (June 12, 2018) – Whole Foods Market, America’s Healthiest Grocery Store®, opens the doors of its newest natural and organic community market in Burbank, Calif. on Wednesday, June 20.
In addition to a variety of dining venues, the 42,000-square foot space features more than 800 unique local items including new and exciting products such as La Panza Olive Oils, Sol-Ti UV filtered fresh juices and organic frozen empanadas from Empanada Shop.
“We’re excited to offer customers a variety of healthy options for every special diet, including an abundance of California products at our new Whole Foods Market Burbank store,” said Burbank Store Team Leader Dave Aebersold. “The store will be a showcase for local suppliers and a warm, welcoming gathering place for the community.”
Each product is carefully selected to ensure they meet Whole Foods Market’s industry-leading quality standards, and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. Highlights of the Burbank store include:
- Love for Local – With 800 unique items from more than 350 local growers and producers, Whole Foods Market Burbank has a wide assortment of home-grown picks. Customers can find fresh whole fruit/vegetable bars from Bright Bar, vegan and raw prepared grab-and-go options from EatGÜD and keto/vegan coconut shakes from Cave Shake. Better Booch is launching two exclusive flavors at Burbank: Cherry and Rose Bliss.
- Stage 71 – The in-store dining and drinking destination offers new versions of favorite bar foods, including the Beyond Burger and Cauliflower Nachos. The menu pairs perfectly with the selection of local craft beers on tap, wine, and specialty cocktails. Happy hour every day from 3–6p.m. Daily bar hours run 11a.m. – 9:30p.m.
- Grab–and-go – The store offers ample grab-and-go options for customers looking for convenience. With many options for specialty diets, guests can enjoy a full vegan bar that includes the new local favorite, Mac & Yease. The hot bar will also feature a rotating seasonal program with various international cuisines such as Greek, Peruvian and even Southwest BBQ dishes. Call ahead and order a full pizza for pickup or grab a slice of your choice from the 10 offerings, including both vegan and non-vegan options. Other prepared food options include a sandwich station, taqueria, hot bar, salad bar and grab-and-go selections including local favorites like Locali, Grow-een and Ay Chiwawa.
- Seafood Specials – The seafood department includes unique made-in-house salmon sausages with rotating flavors including Blueberry Maple, Jalapeno Cheddar, Spinach Feta, Sweet Italian and Hot Italian. Customers can also enjoy fresh made poke selections and a wide variety of fresh local items. Our fishmongers offer complimentary deboning, filleting, deveining and cleaning. Whole Foods Market's sustainable seafood standards are industry-leading, selling only sustainably caught or responsibly farmed seafood. All seafood is traceable to farm or fishery.
- Local Meats – At the meat department, explore specialty cuts and marinade flavors with local favorites from Hearst Beef and Mary’s Chickens. Pick up gourmet seasoned burgers, The Directors Cut signature steak, premium dry-aged and prime beef steaks and Local Tribali Meats organic protein patties. Customers can also pick up an easy – and delicious – meal at the self-serve smoked meats bar.
- Summer Party Hits – The cheese department features more than 600 types of cheeses with local favorites like Angelo and Franco Mozz, Di Stephano Burrata and Spicy Mo’s. Gearing up for summertime, pre-cubed cheeses, demi-platters and pre-packaged specialty olives are available grab-and-go options for your backyard barbecue, outdoor concert/movie and picnics. Be the hit of the party with the new Whole Foods Market Burbank exclusive from Artista Cocktail Co., the ready-to-serve organic margarita wine cocktails. Customers can explore the 1000 beer, wine and spirit options on the shelf including local favorites Margerum Roseraie and Modern Time beer.
- Local Produce and Floral – More than 400 organic and conventional produce options to choose from including fresh coconut selections, California grown goji berries and jicama tortillas. Those looking for unique and beautiful floral arrangements, can incorporate the Fair-Trade green-eyed roses into their bouquet.
- Allegro Coffee Bar – The coffee bar will wake up any customer with cold brew on tap, loose tea leaf and custom juices.
Located on Olive Ave., just minutes from the studios, Whole Foods Market Burbank employs approximately 250 team members. With a parking entrance off Lima Street, customers have access to complimentary parking in the attached structure for two hours.
Beginning June 13, Prime members in all California Whole Foods Market stores can enjoy exclusive offers on many popular products, including:
- Organic yellow nectarines and peaches, $1.99/lb., save $2/lb.
- Made-in-house pork sausage, no antibiotics, $3.99/lb., save $3/lb.
- Wild sustainably caught yellowfin tuna steaks, $15.99/lb., save $9/lb.
- Annie’s Natural Macaroni & Cheese, buy one, get one free
- Essentia Water, 1.5L bottles, 4/$5
- Self-serve tea cookies by the pound, 50 percent off (one-day sale, June 15)
- Plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items throughout the store
Visit amazon.com/primesavings for a map of all U.S. stores currently offering special discounts for Prime members and to learn more.
Customers can follow @wholefoodslosangeles on Instagram for news about Whole Foods Market Burbank and opening day activities. For more information on Whole Foods Market Burbank, email SP.PR@wholefoods.com.