COMMACK, N.Y. (April 2, 2019) — Whole Foods Market in Commack opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, April 3. Located at 120 Veterans Memorial Highway, the new 45,000 square-foot store is celebrating its grand opening with complimentary coffee and breakfast pastries starting at 8 a.m. The first 200 customers will receive a reusable canvas shopping bag. Opening day will also feature in-store sampling, demonstrations and deals on various items.
“We’re thrilled to expand our presence in Long Island,” said Lorraine Barker, Store Team Leader. “With the opening of our Commack store, we’ll be able to offer the community access to a greater variety of fresh, healthy and innovative products as well as Pizza Parlor, an in-store dining destination.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods, and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Store features include:
- Produce department with fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables from regional growers such as Gotham Greens and D’Ottavio Farms
- Expansive in-house bakery offering a full line of scratch-made breads and rolls, cakes and self-serve baked goods, including items for special diets and local products from Pride-Enjoy and By The Way Bakery
- Full-service butcher department featuring sausage, beef and pork options from area suppliers such as Bilinski Sausage and Briarwood Pork
- Seafood department with unique locally sourced offerings, including smoked salmon from Catsmo Artisan Smokehouse and Star of the Sea crab cakes
- Specialty foods section with a variety of local snack items and an extensive selection of cheeses overseen by an in-store Certified Cheese Professional, including cheeses from Cochran Farms and 5 Spoke Creamery
- Coffee and juice bar featuring in-house roasted coffee and juices on tap
- In-store alkaline water dispenser, “make your own” salad dressing machine, and Once Upon a Farm refrigerated baby food cooler
- Prepared foods section with hot and cold food bars, including a salad bar, soup wells, self-serve square pizza, Kikka sushi, a noodle bar and made-to-order sandwiches
- Beauty and body care department offering local products from Birch and Main, Lux Naturals and Bogavia Skincare
- Expansive selection of beer featuring local producers, such as LIC Beer Project and Barrier Brewing
- 142 bins of bulk scoop items, including four types of grind-your-own nut butters and a wide assortment of candy from Dylan’s Candy Bar
Shoppers at the Commack store can also experience Pizza Parlor, an in-store, fast-casual eatery. The venue offers a menu of fresh pizza from a wood-burning oven, antipasti and hearth-roasted main and side dishes. Pizzas feature regionally sourced ingredients, such as pizza dough from Terranova in Mount Vernon, N.Y., fresh mozzarella from Lioni Latticini in Union, N.J. and Calabro Ricotta from East Haven, Conn. on select pies. Additionally, the eatery will serve a curated selection of locally brewed beer on tap and wines by the glass. Pizza Parlor is open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the store’s net sales on Wednesday, April 10 will benefit the Association for Mental Health and Wellness in support of its Chemical Free Garden, which provides fruit, vegetables and herbs to local food pantry Charlotte’s Table. Additionally, five percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, April 18 will benefit Family Service League, which provides social services to more than 50,000 individuals in need throughout Suffolk County.
Whole Foods Market Commack employs approximately 200 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has three additional stores in the greater Long Island area.
For more information, visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/commack.