EVERGREEN PARK, IL (Mar. 5, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in Evergreen Park opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6. Located at 9600 South Western Ave., the new 30,000-square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening by offering a Whole Foods Market gift card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100 to the first 500 customers. One lucky customer will receive a $500 gift card. All customers can enjoy product sampling and demos throughout the day.
“We’re excited to join the Evergreen Park community with the opening of this new Whole Foods Market,” said Kristina Malicoat, Store Team Leader. “Shoppers will now have access to a wide array of locally sourced products, fresh ingredients, and the highest quality delicious and healthy foods.”
With a selection of locally sourced products, grab-and-go prepared foods, and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Store features include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers such as MightyVine and Gotham Greens
- Meat department featuring a full-service butcher, in-house made sausages in a variety of flavors and assorted marinated chicken breasts and steaks
- Seafood department offering ready-to-bake seafood meal kits and seafood from Rushing Waters Fisheries in Wisconsin
- A specialty foods section with a self-serve olive bar and selection of local cheeses from Hooks Cheese Company and Uplands Cheese
- Bakery department offering a variety of desserts and items for special diets
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes and special diet options. Department includes a build-your-own avocado toast bar, a salad bar, made-to-order sandwiches, self-serve soups and pizza, and fresh sushi by Kikka
- Beauty and body care department featuring local products from Rebel Green and Au Naturale
- Expansive selection of beer and wine featuring local producers like Revolution Brewing and Three Floyds Brewing
- 188 bins of bulk scoop items including beans, grains, dried herbs, spices, and candy
To celebrate joining the community, five local schools will each receive one percent of the store’s net sales on designated days during the store’s opening week. Schools include Southwest Elementary, Evergreen Park High, Sward Elementary, Mother McAuley and Sutherland Elementary.
Whole Foods Market Evergreen Park employs approximately 115 full and part time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has 27 additional stores in the Chicago metropolitan area.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/evergreenpark.