MALIBU, Calif. (June 11, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in Malibu opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, June 12. Located in The Park at Cross Creek (23401 Civic Center Way), the new 25,000 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with complimentary samples from local vendors, music and giveaways starting at 8 a.m. The first 300 shoppers through the doors will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Malibu reusable tote bag containing Whole Foods Market swag, snacks and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We are thrilled to welcome the Malibu community to their new Whole Foods Market,” said Amy La Boube, Store Team Leader. “With a focus on local product offerings, organic options and the freshest, highest quality food, we’ve worked hard to create a store that our neighbors will love.”
Offering a wide selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from nearly 50 regional growers
- Bakery department offering an array of in-house made cakes, ice cream cakes, pastries, tarts and chia parfaits, including items for vegan, gluten-free and other special diets; it will also feature selections from local bakeries such as Boulangerie de Paris, Rockenwagner Bakery and Perfectly Sweet
- Full-service butcher department featuring in-house made sausages and chicken and beef from local suppliers, including Mary’s Chicken, Hearst Ranch and Tribali Foods
- Seafood department with a variety of options from local suppliers including Wild King salmon, halibut, rock fish, mussels and oysters, as well as unique offerings such as in-house made salmon and shrimp burgers
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars featuring a variety of organic options; includes a salad bar, soup wells, rotisserie chickens, charcuterie case, sandwich and pizza stations, Kikka sushi, and ready-made meals including organic meal kits from Hak’s
- Specialty foods section featuring over 200 local suppliers, including cheeses from Cowgirl Creamery, spirits from Mulholland Spirits and beer from Ballast Point
- Beauty and body care department featuring more than 25 local suppliers such as Vive Organic and Laki Naturals, as well as products exclusive to Whole Foods Market Malibu, such as new designs from hydration brand MIIR and Enlighten Candles Arizona
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers
- Nékter Juice Bar: in-store juice and coffee bar offering freshly made, clean and nutrient-rich açai bowls, Superfood smoothies, fresh and cold-pressed juices, plus coffee roasts from local partner, Coffee Manufactory
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on June 27 will benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu, an organization dedicated to providing academic, wellness and recreational programs for middle and high school students in the community.
Whole Foods Market Malibu will employ approximately 140 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 33 additional stores in the greater Los Angeles area.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/malibu.