PARSIPPANY, N.J. (Nov. 5, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in Parsippany opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6. Located at 60 Waterview Boulevard, the new 47,000 square-foot store is celebrating its grand opening with complimentary coffee from Allegro Coffee and pastries from local supplier, Balthazar Bakery. In addition, the first 500 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Parsippany reusable tote bag.
“We’re so excited to open our doors to the Parsippany community,” said Scott Earl, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to getting to know our neighbors and providing them with a destination to shop for fresh, high-quality products and prepared foods, discover new items from local businesses and gather with friends and family for coffee or a meal.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than one hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables and locally sourced selections including Korean pears, apples and cranberries, as well as a variety of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment
- Bakery offering an array of scratch-made breads, including fresh Naan varieties baked in the store’s tandoori oven, and offerings from local suppliers including Mo’Pweeze Bakery, Liv Breads and Balthazar Bakery
- Full-service butcher offering a variety of ready-to-cook options, such as made-in-house sausages and freshly ground, dry-aged and whiskey dry-aged beef, as well as selections from local suppliers including sausages from Billinski and grassfed beef from Simply Grazin’ Farms
- Seafood counter featuring fresh offerings from five local suppliers, including Trinity Seafood, Lagniappe Foods and Star of the Sea Seafood, as well as made-in-house salmon burgers, stuffed salmon filets, lobster macaroni and cheese and a large selection of packaged and frozen fish
- Specialty foods section with self-serve, fresh pasta from Severino Pasta and a selection of chocolates and cheeses featuring 30 local suppliers, including Elements Truffles and Valley Shepherd Creamery
- Prepared foods department featuring 12 soups, a salad bar, made-in-house seasonal entrees, Kikka sushi and build-your-own poke bowls, signature sandwiches, pizza, rotisserie chickens, stir fry noodles and Dish & Saucery, which features seasonal proteins and sides for a taste of home cooking on the go
- Full-service Allegro Coffee and tea bar offering nitro cold brew, nitro teas and signature, seasonal drinks such as White Chocolate Mint Matcha and Iced Orange Chai
- Build-your-own acai bowl station with 12 unique toppings, including seasonal fresh fruit, nuts, dates and granola
- Self-serve juice bar with six juice blends on tap
- Bulk section offering more than 215 items, including nuts, seeds, granola, grains, dried fruit and candy
- Beauty, body care and home goods section featuring products from 15 local suppliers, including soaps and natural items from Lux Naturals, candles from Brooklyn Candle, as well as apparel and accessories from BeauCycled
Whole Foods Market Parsippany also includes a fast casual restaurant, Market Counter, serving artisanal salads and soups, with indoor and outdoor seating for more than 60 customers.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive 5% back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
To celebrate joining the community, 5% of the store’s net sales on opening day will benefit the New Jersey Highlands Coalition, an organization that aims to protect, restore and enhance the water and other natural and cultural resources of the New Jersey Highlands for the benefit of all citizens and businesses in the state of New Jersey.
Whole Foods Market Parsippany will employ approximately 200 full and part-time team members. Located in Waterview Marketplace, owned by RD Management, JMF Properties and RIPCO Real Estate, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 20 additional stores in New Jersey.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/parsippany.