TOLEDO, Ohio (August 6, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in Toledo opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Aug. 7. Located at 3420 Secor Road, the new 30,000 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with complimentary coffee, pastries and music before the store opens. As part of the opening day festivities, the first 200 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Toledo reusable canvas tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We’re thrilled to open our doors to the Toledo community with the opening of their new Whole Foods Market,” said Ben Moher, Store Team Leader. “Being able to offer our customers greater access to a variety of fresh, innovative and local products is truly gratifying.”
Offering a selection of locally-sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than a hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including 24 feet dedicated to fresh vegetables with selections from regional growers like Great River Organics, as well as self-serve, fresh squeezed orange juice and pressed juice from Garden of Flavor
- Bakery department offering an array of breads, pastries, cakes and self-serve grab-and-go mini desserts; includes breads and pastries from Mediterra Bakehouse, selections for special diets and a self-serve bread slicer
- Full-service butcher department with fresh meat cuts and sausages prepared in-house with options from local suppliers such as McDowell Farms and Pine Manor Farms
- Seafood department offering fresh seafood and a large selection of packaged and frozen fish, including walleye pike and whitefish
- Specialty foods section with over 200 types of cheeses, including locally-sourced products, a self-serve olive and antipasti bar and locally-made pasta
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes with vegan and organic options; department includes a salad bar, soup wells, skillet bar with finger foods, full charcuterie case and stations for self-serve Detroit style pan pizza, Genji sushi, rotisserie chickens and made-to-order sandwiches
- Beauty and body care department featuring a variety of local products and supplements, including Cleveland-based Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve, Vandalia-based Skin Foodie and Port Clinton-based Lake Erie Candle Company, which offers an exclusive Toledo candle
- Expansive selection of beer and wine with a focus on Ohio producers, including beer from MadTree Brewing, Urban Artifact and Platform Beer Co.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive five percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the Toledo store’s net sales on Wednesday, Aug. 14 will benefit Toledo GROWs, a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting Toledo’s community gardens and educating the public about the value of local and nutritious food.
Whole Foods Market Toledo employs approximately 100 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 10 additional stores in Ohio.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/toledo.