CHICAGO, IL (Oct. 2, 2018) – The new Whole Foods Market in Vernon Hills opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 3. Located in the Mellody Farm complex at 851 N. Milwaukee Ave., the Vernon Hills location will be the 27th Whole Foods Market in the Chicagoland area.
“This is such an exciting day for Whole Foods Market,” said Ruben Anguiano, the Store Team Leader. “When we open a store we become a part of the community we will serve. We are proud of the store that we have created for Vernon Hills and we are looking forward to welcoming our new neighbors with open arms and delicious food.”
The new 48,000 square foot store will offer a selection of grab-and-go prepared foods, grocery items and venues – all meeting Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. Features include:
- Full-service Allegro coffee bar serving iced and hot coffee and tea selections, and smoothies
- Selection of locally grown and produced items, including fresh produce from Chicago Indoor Garden, cheeses from Marcoot Jersey Creamery, sweets from Terry’s Toffee and Wild Ophelia, as well as body care products from Astrida Naturals
- Made-to-order sandwiches and hand-stretched neopolitan-style pizza
- 12 flavors of scooped-to-order gelato
- In-store scratch bakery offering freshly made breads and baked goods
- Specialty department featuring an open view cutting room, antipasti bar, expertly curated cheese and cured meat selections
- Expansive beer, wine and spirits selections featuring Midwest favorites like Pipeworks Brewing, Marz Community Brewing, Goose Island, FEW and CH Distillery
- Complimentary WiFi and comfortable café seating
- Amazon Lockers for convenient package pick up and returns
Shoppers will also experience two unique, Midwest rooted in-store spaces – Townline Taproom and Masu Express:
- Townline Taproom will host an expansive selection of 20 beers by the best brew masters in the Midwest, including a special American pale ale from Chicago-based Begyle Brewing Co. In addition, shoppers can choose from daily beverage specials and an exciting selection of specialty whiskey-based cocktails, including one with chili pepper-infused honey from Mike’s Hot Honey. Customers can enjoy a beverage while dining on selections from the store’s prepared foods offerings or menu selections from Masu Express.
- Minneapolis-based Masu Express joins the Friends of Whole Foods Market family as the talented chefs from Masu Sushi and Robata bring their popular Japanese-inspired cuisine exclusively to the Vernon Hills store. Shoppers will enjoy mouthwatering robata, steamed buns, and noodle and rice bowls. Using only the highest quality ingredients and sustainable sushi, Masu Express will offer the same quality menu found in their restaurants in a convenient order-to-go format.
Whole Foods Market Vernon Hills employs approximately 150 locally hired, full and part time team members. The store will be open from 8am – 10pm, daily.
Whole Foods Market has 26 other Chicagoland stores: DePaul, Englewood, Edgewater, Gold Coast, Halsted, Hyde Park, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Sauganash, South Loop, Streeterville, and West Loop neighborhoods in Chicago; and the surrounding suburbs of: Deerfield, Elmhurst, two Evanston locations, Hinsdale, Kildeer, Naperville, Northbrook, Orland Park, Park Ridge, River Forest, Schaumburg, Wheaton, and Willowbrook.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/vernonhills