“At Whole Foods Market, we’re proud to offer the freshest, most flavorful natural and organic foods, and we are thrilled to open such a grand location for our Markham community,” comments Peter Hilge, store team leader. “This store is like nothing people have ever experienced, and we’re ready to wow our new neighbors with our delicious natural and organic food and stellar customer service.”
On the Shelves and In the Aisles
The store is designed to feel like a gathering of “boutiques within a store” to offer customers an intimate and inviting shopping experience. All products are free of artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and Trans fats. Featuring restaurant-quality prepared foods and the convenience of one-stop grocery shopping, the store features a number of unique and enticing elements chosen specifically with the West Des Moines community in mind. Highlights include:
• 5-Step Rated Meat: By adopting Global Animal Partnership’s 5-Step Animal Welfare Rating, we provide shoppers with a new level of transparency about how farm animals are raised
• Seafood from Sustainable Sources: We closely monitor the status of any seafood species sold in our stores to ensure we’re supporting healthy marine ecosystems
• Freshly Made Sushi: A variety of specialty rolls, including those made with brown or whole grain rice made in-house by experts
• Salad and Hot Bars: Choose from freshly prepared salads, build-your-own salad fixings and hot entrees from around the world. Everything is priced by weight, so mix and match!
• Panini and Pizza Venues: Choose from a variety of delicious pizza and Panini sandwiches
• Health Starts Here (HSH) Program: Providing tools and education to help shoppers make healthier choices, including an assortment of specially crafted Health Starts Here dishes for your convenience on the hot and cold food bars
• “Cooking” Department: Dried back-to-basics pantry items to meet all your cooking needs. Discover new ways to use staples in your culinary adventures
• Diverse Foods from Around the Globe: A variety of foods to meet diverse cultural and dietary needs
• Grab and Go Pastries: Enjoy a wide variety of freshly-baked pastries including croissants, muffins, cookies, soft pretzels and more
• Homemade Gelato Bar: A wide range of fresh and delicious, house-made gelato and sorbets.
• Catering Service: Our experienced catering department will help you build a menu filled with your choice of fresh, delicious, all-natural foods
• Customized Gift Baskets: Available year round, they’re the perfect gift for any occasion
Also featured at this location:
• More than 200 varieties of seasonal, organic and local produce, with a variety of hard-to-find items
• More than 200 varieties of natural, organic and local cheeses
• More than 50 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish, all harvested using sustainable practices
• A large variety of choice custom-cut meats, cut to order by our expert butchers
• Freshly baked artisan breads, cookies, pastries, muffins and other flavorful goodies
• A robust and exciting selection of olives, handcrafted butters and cheeses
• A vast array of vegetarian and vegan choices
• A large selection of luxurious natural body care items and cosmetics
• Advanced nutritional supplements and vitamins made of only natural ingredients
• A beautiful selection of fresh-cut flowers and plants
• Essential grocery staples, including Whole Foods Market’s own 365 Everyday Value signature line of products offering the same high standards for taste and quality at everyday low prices
Whole Foods Market, which created nearly 100 additional jobs in the community, has been named by Fortune magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in America for 15 consecutive years – every year since the List’s inception. “We’re proud that our Team Members are truly passionate about sharing the joys of great-tasting food and natural lifestyle choices with people,” Hilge says.
Whole Foods Market has a history of establishing a deep commitment to each of the communities it serves. As part of as part of this commitment, the Company holds quarterly Community Support Days, in which five percent of one day’s sales are donated to a local nonprofit organization. To honor the store opening, a Community Support Day is being held Wednesday, November 21 to support nonprofit organization Pathways, a leader in improving the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in the York Region for more than 20 years.
“We’re extremely proud of our community support initiatives. There are so many great organizations in Unionville and we look forward to working with them to build strong ties within the community,” Hilge comments.