PHOENIX (Feb. 15, 2013) – Arizona Beer Week is back, providing the perfect opportunity to sample new brews and celebrate all things barley and hops. This year, Whole Foods Market is a proud sponsor of Arizona Beer Week and is tapping into a variety of events from Feb. 15 – 23, 2013. From sipping local brews to a “kegs and eggs” beer pairing brunch, Whole Foods Market has something for each and every beer lover.
“Partnering with Arizona Beer Week is a perfect fit for Whole Foods Market. This is a great opportunity to celebrate Arizona’s unique craft beer industry,” said Sara Putnam, Whole Foods Market Arizona marketing field associate. “We invite beer lovers near and far to check out our in-store bars at our Scottsdale, Chandler and River Road stores. We are serving up to 30 types of beer on tap year-round as well as growler-filling stations located at all of our Arizona stores.”
Shoppers can raise their glass to Arizona Beer Week at these exciting Whole Foods Market events:
River Road (5555 E. River Road, Tucson AZ 85750)
- Feb. 15 & 16, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Whole Foods Market helps shoppers kick off the weekend with Friday night beer classes in the café! From 6:30 – 8 p.m. on Feb. 15, local brews will be available for sampling at the “Love Local Beer Tasting” and from 6:30 – 8 p.m. on Feb. 22, brewskie knowledge will be on tap at the store’s Beer 101 class.
- Feb. 16, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Whole Foods Market is offering a special brunch menu. Each dish will be expertly paired with the perfect craft beer.
- Feb. 19, 6 – 8 p.m.: Shoppers can pop open a cold one at Whole Foods Market at Dragoon Brewing Co. night featuring Biere Del Bac, Mesquite Smoked Porter, E. River Collaboration and IPAs on tap.
- Feb. 20, 4 – 6 p.m.: Whole Foods Market invites shoppers to raise their pint during the store’s SanTan brewery night featuring Winter Warmer, Sun Spot, Sex Panther, Hefeweizen and Hop Shock.
- Feb. 20, 6 – 8 p.m.: Whole Foods Market invites shoppers to let their senses take over at the Deschutes Brewery Sensory tasting event. To RSVP for this blind beer tasting, please email email@example.com.
- Feb. 21, 6 – 8 p.m.: Shoppers can find out what all the buzz is about at Four Peaks brewery night featuring special brews including Sunbru, Raj IPA, 8th St. Ale, Hefeweizen and Kiltlifter.
Chandler (2955 W. Ray Road, Chandler AZ 85224)
- Feb. 15, 7 p.m.: Calling all beer lovers! Don’t miss Whole Foods Market’s “Left Hand and New Belgium Brewing” beer class. Brewery representatives will be on hand serving up eight different ice cold brews.
- Feb. 17, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Get “eggcited” for Whole Foods Market’s “Kegs and Eggs” beer brunch.
- Feb. 20, 6:30 p.m.: Whole Foods Market will dish up perfect pairings with a five-course Red Stone Meadery Beer Dinner.
- Feb. 21, 7 p.m.: Whole Foods Market will sponsor an all-local beer tasting featuring SanTan Brewing, Sonoran Brewing, Fate Brewing and Papago Brewing.
- Feb. 22, 7 p.m.: Experts will be on-hand at the store’s “Big Beers” class featuring Belgian beers, barley wines and American strong ales.
- Feb. 23, 7 p.m.: Don’t get barreled away as Whole Foods Market rolls out a beer tasting featuring Oskar Blues Aged Mama’s Little Yella Pils and a cask of Citra Dry hopped G Night, with many more on brews tap.
Scottsdale (7111 E. Mayo Blvd., Phoenix AZ 85054)
- Feb. 18: Beer lovers can top off their pints with their favorite local brew.
- Feb. 19: Enjoy an assortment of Oregon brews.
- Feb. 20: Take your glass on a trip west, with refreshing samples of popular California beers.
- Feb. 21: Sample a delicious variety of beers from Colorado.
- Feb. 22: Make a reservation for Whole Foods Market’s fruit and honey brew night with a Redstone Meadery dinner.
- Feb. 23, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Get excited for Whole Foods Market’s “Kegs and Eggs” beer brunch.
Paradise Valley (10810 N. Tatum Blvd., Phoenix AZ 85028)
- Feb. 16, 12 – 2 p.m.: Enjoy good beer and good company at Whole Foods Market’s Beer Week Kickoff Event! Vote for your favorite beer at our “Tap Tasteoff!” After casting a vote, shoppers can try one of Whole Foods Market’s popular $1 street tacos or head over to the store’s beer and cheddar pairing station.
- Feb. 16 – 23: Whole Foods Market hosts a “Tap Takeover,” featuring a selection of local brews on tap.
Speedway (3360 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson AZ 85716)
- Feb. 16 – 23: Whole Foods Market’s “Tap Takeover” gives shoppers something to drink to, featuring local brews all week long.
- Feb. 16 – 23: Beer bellies will be growling to take advantage of $2 off a 64 ounce Growler or $1 off a 32 ounce Growler.
- Feb. 16, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Enjoy samples from Tucson brewery, Dragoon Brewing, paired with cheese and charcuterie.
Tempe (5120 S. Rural Road, Tempe AZ 85282)
- Feb. 19, 4 – 6 p.m.: College Street beer from Lake Havasu, AZ will be featured in store.
- Feb. 20, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Sleepy Dog beer from Tempe, AZ will be available in store.
- Feb. 21, 2 – 4 p.m.: Shoppers can chill out with a cold one from Grand Canyon Brewing in Williams, AZ.
- Feb. 22, 3 – 5 p.m.: SanTan from Chandler, AZ will be featured in store.
- Feb. 23: Mother Road from Flagstaff, AZ will be featured in store.
For more information on Arizona Beer Week, please visit www.arizonabeerweek.com.
For additional information on Whole Foods Market, please visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com.