AUSTIN, Texas (Nov. 4, 2019) – Whole Foods Market today released its annual list of Sommelier Best in Class Holiday Wines, selected by Master Sommelier Devon Broglie and the grocer’s global beer, wine and spirits team. Broglie and a team of seasoned buyers identified the robust selection of 24 palate-pleasing wines to help shoppers elevate festive meals and occasions this holiday season.
Among this year’s selection is the Sun & Rain Mendocino Chardonnay from Frey Vineyards, a balanced chardonnay with crisp acidity, an aromatic tropical component and a touch of mineral on the finish. Produced by America’s first organic and biodynamic winery, the wine is organic with no added sulfites, and is available for $11.99. Shoppers can look forward to the highly anticipated return of Beaujolais Nouveau, the first wine of the harvest season, available in stores the third week of November. In addition to the classic Beaujolais Nouveau, Whole Foods Market will offer Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau Rosé for the first time. Shoppers can try one or both at $10.99 a bottle.
“I’m especially excited for this year’s holiday list because it truly offers something for any occasion and budget,” said Devon Broglie, Master Sommelier and Global Beverage Buyer for Whole Foods Market. “As the most comprehensive selection of holiday wines that we have ever released, the list has every wine a host or guest needs for holiday entertaining – from a Jacques Bardelot Champagne Brut perfect for ringing in the New Year to a Criterion Sauvignon Blanc that pairs well with a festive cheese board.”
This meticulously curated selection of wines offers something for everyone at a variety of price points. The Sommelier Best in Class Holiday Wines include:
- Adelsheim Pinot Noir
- Cala Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cave de Rasteau Les Peyrières Rasteau Rhone
- Cloudveil Pinot Gris
- Criterion Sauvignon Blanc
- De Chanceny Brut Crémant de Loire
- De Chanceny Brut Rosé Crémant de Loire
- Frey Sun & Rain Organic Chardonnay
- Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau Rosé (available Thursday, Nov. 21)
- Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau (available Thursday, Nov. 21)
- Giné Giné Priorat D.O.Q.
- Grace Hale Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc
- Innovación Malbec-Syrah Rosé
- Jacques Bardelot Champagne Brut
- Jacques Bardelot Champagne Brut Rosé
- J. Lassalle Champagne Brut Premier Cru
- Les Pierres Grises Saint-Véran
- Madame Liberté Brut
- Madame Liberté Sparkling Rosé
- Poggio Anima Belial Sangiovese
- Presto Prosecco
- Presto Sparkling Rosé
- Rombauer Sauvignon Blanc
- Upper Left Merlot
All featured wines, excluding the Beaujolais Nouveau and Beaujolais Nouveau Rosé, are available at special prices for a limited time at all Whole Foods Market stores where wine is sold and where sale prices are legally allowed. Beaujolais Nouveau and Beaujolais Nouveau Rosé are available for $10.99 while supplies last. Whole Foods Market encourages consumers to please drink responsibly.