Whole Foods Market, the world’s leading natural and organic foods grocer, opens its new 40,000 square foot store located at 199 US Highway 41 in Schererville, Indiana, Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2015. The much-anticipated store will provide residents in and around Northwest Indiana with fresh, high quality foods in a convenient and contemporary setting.
“At Whole Foods Market, we have a deep passion for fresh, flavorful natural and organic foods and we are elated to open a store in Northwest Indiana,” says Whole Foods Market Schererville Store Team Leader, Brent Strayer, “We hope our longtime and new shoppers will enjoy the conveniently located Schererville store, stocked with high-quality meats, poultry, seafood, everyday pantry staples and much more. This store is designed to appeal to the health enthusiasts, devoted foodies and shoppers looking for food in its purest state, with no artificial colors, sweeteners, and preservatives.”
To celebrate opening day, Whole Foods Market will host its version of a ribbon cutting called a “Bread-Breaking Ceremony” with Whole Foods Market Team Members and Northwest Indiana neighbors beginning at 8:45 a.m. Doors open and shopping officially begins at 9 a.m. The first 500 customers through the doors will receive a Whole Foods Market Gift Card with a mystery value between $5 and $50. One customer will receive a $500 gift card.
On the Shelves and In the Aisles
The store is designed to be a warm and inviting place for the community to meet. Featuring restaurant-quality prepared foods and the convenience of one-stop shopping. The store features a number of unique and enticing elements chosen specifically with the Schererville community in mind. Highlights include:
• Restaurant and Grill: Customers will enjoy hot, delicious meals anytime throughout the day.
• 5-Step Rated Meat: The Global Animal Partnership’s 5-Step Animal Welfare Rating system provides shoppers with a new level of transparency about how farm animals are raised.
• Seafood from Sustainable Sources: Customers can chose from a variety of responsibly sourced seafood options that are fresh, delicious and support healthy marine ecosystems.
• Freshly Made Sushi: A variety of specialty rolls, including those made with brown or whole grain rice, made in-house by experts for customers.
• Salad and Hot Bars: Shoppers will love the freshly prepared salads, build-your-own salad fixings and hot entrees available throughout the day.
• Panini and Pizza Venues: Customers can choose from a variety of delicious pizza and panini sandwiches for quick lunch or dinner options.
• Health Starts Here™ Program: This store will provide tools and education to help shoppers make healthier choices, including an assortment of specially crafted Health Starts Here dishes on the hot and cold food bars.
• Bulk Department: Back-to-basics pantry items for all of the community’s cooking needs.
• Foods from Around the Globe: A variety of foods to meet diverse cultural and dietary needs of the community.
• Scratch Bakery: Shoppers will enjoy a wide variety of freshly baked pastries including croissants, muffins, cookies, soft pretzels, custom cakes and more.
• Catering Service: Schererville customers will love the experienced Catering Department that can build a menu filled with fresh and delicious foods for parties, events and any special occasion.
Also featured at this location:
• More than 200 varieties of seasonal, organic and local produce, with a variety of hard-to-find items.
• More than 200 varieties of natural, organic and local cheeses.
• More than 50 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish, all harvested using sustainable practices.
• A large variety of custom-cut meats from in-house butchers.
• A robust and exciting selection of olives, antipasti and charcuterie.
• A vast array of vegetarian and vegan choices.
• A large selection of luxurious natural body care items including bulk soaps, color cosmetics and sustainable fashion.
• Sports and nutritional supplements, and vitamins sourced from natural, food-based ingredients.
• A beautiful selection of Whole Trade Guarantee fresh-cut flowers and plants, and produce.
• Essential grocery staples, including Whole Foods Market’s own 365 Everyday Value® signature line of products offering the same high standards for taste and quality at everyday low prices.
This is the first location in Northwest Indiana. Whole Foods Market opened seven locations in Chicagoland in 2015, additionally; Whole Foods Market has three other Indiana locations in Indianapolis, Caramel and South Bend.
Whole Foods Market hired approximately 150 Team Members for the new location.