SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA, Feb. 6, 2008 – Whole Foods Market (Nasdaq: WFMI), the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket and the nation’s first certified organic grocer will open a new store in Scottsdale on February 27th.
The 50,000-square-foot superstore elevates the grocery shopping experience to the next level with a sit-down wine bar, dine-in eateries with carry-out available, neighborhood-butcher style meat experts, an extensive natural and organic body-care department, eco-chic clothing for men, women and baby and a prominent array of local products.
Whole Foods Market debuted the incredible new prototype store for Arizona in Chandler in October 2007.
Whole Foods Market first opened its doors in Austin in 1980, and has experienced tremendous nationwide growth in the years since, particularly as the merits of organic eating and living have become more widely known and the market demand for such products has increased.
“We want our shoppers to celebrate the joys of eating and living well. We hope Whole Foods Market will continue to prompt change in the way people think about and shop for food,” said John Mackey, CEO and co-founder of Whole Foods Market.
The newest Arizona Whole Foods Market location, at Mayo Boulevard and Scottsdale Road, just south of Loop 101 in Scottsdale, at 7111 East Mayo Boulevard, will feature an abundance of organic and natural products.
Highlights include: · Wine and tapas bar – featuring amazing wines from around the world, along with delicious cheeses, charcuterie, olives, nuts and more.
· Smokehouse Grill – Chicken and beef cooked or grilled to order – barbecued beef and pulled pork sandwiches, along with wine by the glass and seasonal draft beers – all offered in a sit-down venue within the store.
· Extensive wine department with more than 1,200 selections to match any occasion, meal or budget and enomatic wine machines so shoppers can taste various selections before they buy.
· More than 300 hand cut cheese varieties.
· Custom cake decorating.
· Savory bakery treats made fresh daily including pretzels, focaccia, ham and cheese croissants.
· 6500+ square-foot produce department featuring more than 600 items daily.
· Eco-chic apparel, accessories and home goods.
· Chocolate island with more than 50 chocolate choices and a chocolate fountain.
· Free wireless internet access.
· Bountiful bins of organic and conventional fruits and vegetables, hand-stacked; an unusual selection of seasonal, exotic and specialty products like cactus pears and buddha’s hand; and appetizing displays of fresh-cut fruits.
· “Veggie Grill” program – a daily rotation of fresh picked items, ready to be grilled to order by in-house chef.
· Prominent displays of local produce.
· A variety of Asian dishes to enjoy at the bar or to go, including made to order sushi; vegetable or shrimp tempura, Korean BBQ, Yakitori, noodle and rice bowls, plus organic sake and bottled beers.
· A hot specialty sandwich venue with delicious offerings.
· An organic salad bar.
· Indian international bar with creative and distinctive dishes.
· An a la minute pasta bar.
· Rotisserie chicken station and meat carving station for hot sandwiches.
· More than 30 feet of self-serve hot and cold food options and salad bars.
· Soup and stew stations with a wide variety of selections daily.
· The widest selection of the best tasting, freshest meat raised to the strictest standards in the industry in a full-service meat department. Shoppers can receive custom cuts, cooking tips and personal recommendations.
· Harder-to-find items including game, duck, sausages, low-fat cuts, range-grown turkey and natural chicken.
· Oven-ready meats; stuffed meats and kabobs; a selection of tender dry-aged beef, which is dry-aged in the store; on-site fresh smoked meats; BBQ pulled meats and more.
· A “Custom Catch” program where shoppers select any available seafood and customize with marinades or seasonings. Team members will cook to order: charbroil, bake, steam, deep fry, sauté, or smoked with an in-store seafood smoker.
· Salmon, tuna, whitefish, whole fish, scallops, shrimp and other items smoked right in the department.
· A divine collection of grab-and-go, pre-packed seafood including marinated fish, spreads, soups and salads.
· Cold salad bar filled with various seafood salads, pokes, ceviche and more.
· Nitrite and nitrate-free sliced meats and charcuterie.
· Locally and globally sourced beer, wine and cheese.
· Olive bar.
· A full selection of grocery items including Whole Foods Market’s own family of brands: 365 Everyday Value, 365 Organic Everyday Value, Whole Kitchen, Whole Pantry and much more.
· Wheat and gluten-free offerings and foods to accommodate special diets.
· Specialty products for babies, pets and households.
· Large selection of raw foods.
· A chocolate case offering artisan chocolate candies, caramels, barks.
· A gelato scoop bar.
· A tapioca and rice pudding bar.
· Savory treats like hot croissants, focaccia and pretzels.
· Freshly roasted coffee, roasted in-store.
· Over 20,000 natural hair and skin care products including luscious body care and make-up.
· A vast array of dietary supplements, herbs and homeopathic remedies to support health and wellness.
· Eco-chic clothing for men, women and baby. A beautiful and eco-conscious selection of shoes, accessories and home goods.
· An eclectic selection of Music, DVDs and Books, including cookbooks.
· Beautiful Candles and Eco-Gifts for all occasions.
Organic Garden Center
· Floral shop and extensive garden center with many varieties of fresh cut flowers, full selection of plants, annuals and garden supplies.