ASHEVILLE, N.C. (Nov. 24, 2020) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 38,000-square-foot store, located at 1856 Hendersonville Road in Asheville on Tuesday, Dec. 8.
Special features of the new South Asheville store include:
- More than 2,500 local products throughout the store from more than 400 local suppliers, many of which are new to Whole Foods Market, like fair trade coffee from Incite Coffee Company, unique spice blends from Spicewalla and ice cream sandwiches from Sunshine Sammies.
- Produce department offering fresh fruits and vegetables, including selections from local growers like collars from New Sprout Organic Farms, sweet potatoes from Happy Dirt and microgreens from Sunny Creek.
- Full-service butcher featuring made-in-house sausages and dry-aged beef, as well as locally sourced options like grass-fed beef from Hickory Nut Gap Meats.
- Seafood counter featuring fresh and frozen seafood, made-in-house crab cake varieties and marinated salmon fillets, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed. Local options include oysters from Slash Creek and Mera Brothers.
- Specialty food selection overseen by an in-store cheesemonger who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion. Local products include chocolates from French Broad Chocolates, French-style cheeses from Three Graces Dairy and pimento cheese from My Three Sons.
- Extensive selection of more than 180 beers, including an assortment of offerings from local breweries like DSSOLVR, Burial Beer Co. and Highland Brewing.
- Grocery department featuring 350 local suppliers, including kombucha from Drink Buchi, hummus from Roots Hummus and plant-based meat offerings from No Evil Foods.
- Bakery department offering holiday items such as panettone, yule logs and stollen, as well as special diet items from local bakeries like Dolci di Maria and JP’s Pastry. Additional local offerings include mini scones and sandwich breads from La Farm Bakery, brownies from Bake Hampton, hearth bread from City Bakery and cheesecake slices from Queen City Pastry.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring various products from local suppliers like elderberry syrup from Gaia Herbs and handmade scented candles from EV Gifts.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 preservatives, flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns. Curbside pickup is also available at all Whole Foods Market locations.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/southasheville.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit http://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.