Our Team Members are at the heart of our unique culture. Since our humble beginnings 30 years ago, we have always believed strongly in the principles of direct and open communication and self-empowerment. As the company has grown, those principles have continued to guide our culture. Without the people who make up this company, we are just four walls and food.
Without our amazing Team Members, we wouldn't be able to have a culture that results in:
- Decentralized decision-making and minimized bureaucracy
- Policies that recognize individual performance and team performance
- A collaborative, not confrontational style
- Celebrating individuality
- An open-book salary policy & executive salaries capped at 19X average Team Member salary
- Hourly wages that currently average at $15.
- 90% of Team Members in store leadership that were promoted from other positions within the store and the majority of regional leadership and most of global leadership that rose to their positions from working at the store level.
- Shared fate: Team Members vote new Team Members onboard
- Happy Team Members = happy customers: it's a win-win philosophy
- Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” every year since list's inception