ATLNTA, Ga. (July 28, 2017) – Whole Foods Market will open its ninth Atlanta-area store in Chamblee on Friday, August 18, at 5001 Peachtree Boulevard. Opening day shoppers will be greeted with an array of product demonstrations and samples, and the first 500 customers will receive free gifts cards ranging in amounts from $5 to $50 with one $500 card.
“We’re excited to join Chamblee-Brookhaven’s growing community with the opening of our new Whole Foods Market,” said Scott Sherman, the store’s team leader. “The new store will feature many locally sourced and seasonal products that meet our high quality standards. Whether you come for Revelator Coffee, locally grown produce or Nashville hot chicken, the store will be a new gathering place for the community.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The 45,000 square-foot store includes:
- Revelator Coffee Company coffee bar featuring their seasonal, fresh coffee as well as wine and beer.
- A variety of savory biscuits, ranging from bacon cheddar to black pepper, made by Whole Foods Market bakers using Atlanta Fresh buttermilk.
- Multiple flavors of macarons from an Atlanta favorite, Alon’s Bakery.
- Rotating rotisserie selections including lamb, pork ribs, whole vegetables, salmon and duck.
- Several flavors of fried chicken ranging from Nashville hot chicken to Korean.
- Numerous in-house specialties including: whiskey-infused dry-aged steaks, grill-ready seafood and meat skewers and hand-tossed, wood-fired pizza.
The community is invited to join Whole Foods Market Peachtree Station for a Chamblee-Brookhaven block party in front of the store on Saturday, August 12, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The celebration will feature live music, activities for kids, and more than 20 different artisan and food vendors such as Revelator Coffee, NuGo, Doux South and Wellshire Farms. Tickets are $10 per person and all proceeds from this event will be donated to Hands on Atlanta, an organization that tackles greater Atlanta's most pressing needs by igniting a passion for service and creating life-long community volunteers. For event details and to purchase tickets, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/whole-foods-market-chamblee-brookhaven-block-party-tickets-36457187429.
Members of the media should contact SOmedia@wholefoods.com with questions or to set up interviews or preview tours.