AUSTIN, Texas (October 24, 2018) – Whole Foods Market and Chef Jeremy Fox, the award-winning chef and “On Vegetables” cookbook author, are partnering to launch a vegan holiday meal just in time for World Vegan Day, Nov. 1.
Well known for his game-changing approach to cooking with vegetables, Chef Jeremy Fox co-created the vegan meal with Whole Foods Market’s culinary development team to provide an innovative, plant-centered option for customers and new twists on classic holiday sides that will please any palate.
To celebrate World Vegan Day and the new partnership, recipes will be featured on Whole Foods Market hot bars nationwide Nov. 1. Additionally, customers will receive $5 off online pre-orders of the vegan holiday meal placed on shop.wfm.com Nov. 1–6 with the promo code VEGAN.
The vegan meal for two includes:
- Romanesco Cauliflower Roast with Miso Bagna Cauda: Whole, slowly cooked Romanesco cauliflower with a bright lemon-garlic bagna cauda sauce and rich umami from red miso.
- Cremini Mushroom Stuffing with Kimchi: Slow-cooked cremini mushrooms steeped with rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar. Sautéed shallots and vegan kimchi give this stuffing depth.
- Charred Escarole with Tomatoes and Chickpeas: Fresh autumn stew of cherry tomatoes and chickpeas braised with garlic and rosemary. A bed of charred escarole, a lightly bitter green, adds smokiness to the meal.
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple and Hazelnut Dukkah: Tender wedges of squash, roasted sweet-and-sour style with maple syrup, sherry vinegar and cayenne pepper. An earthy crunch of hazelnuts, sesame seeds, herbs and sea salt finish the dish.
- Frosted Sweet Potato Blondie with Spiced Cashews: Roasted sweet potatoes and golden raisins add a natural sweetness to this vegan take on a traditional blondie. Creamy vanilla frosting on top, finished with a sprinkling of toasted cashews, sugar and a hint of smoky, sweet curry.
The vegan holiday meal will be available for Thanksgiving and throughout the holiday season at shop.wfm.com.
Jeremy Fox is an acclaimed chef known for his thoughtful, creative and sustainable approach to farmers’ market-driven cuisine. He’s earned five James Beard nominations for Best Chef West and his “On Vegetables” cookbook was a James Beard finalist. Fox is currently chef and partner at Rustic Canyon and Tallula’s in Santa Monica, CA, with his next restaurant, Birdie G’s, debuting in spring 2019.