Charleston, S.C. (July 19, 2018) – Whole Foods Market will open its second Charleston-area location in West Ashley at 1125 Savannah Highway on Wednesday, August 29. Opening day shoppers will be greeted with an array of product demonstrations and samples. Doors open at 9 a.m.
“We’re excited to join West Ashley’s vibrant community with the opening of our new Whole Foods Market” said Debbie Pelkie, the Store Team Leader. “The new store will feature many locally-sourced and seasonal products that meet our high quality standards. Whether you come to meet a friend for a drink, enjoy a quick, healthy lunch from the hot bar or stock up on locally-grown seasonal produce, the store will be a new gathering place for the community.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The approximately 40,000 square-foot store includes:
- A coffee, beer and wine venue serving Allegro coffee & espresso, nitro cold brew & iced teas, six local beers on tap with growlers available, and a curated assortment of wine as well as snacks and burgers.
- A Mediterranean food station with a variety of dishes including lemon and herb chicken shawarma, lamb kofta and crispy chickpea falafel.
- A juice bar offering made-to-order smoothies as well as juice shots and cold-pressed blends.
- Products from over 60 local suppliers ranging from Charleston Mix Bloody Mary mix to Paleo snacks from The New Primal to Charleston Coffee Roasters Breakfast Blend.
- Full-service meat and seafood departments that feature Global Animal Partnership 5 Step Animal Welfare rated meat and sustainably-sourced seafood.
- In-house specialties including: whiskey dry-aged ribeye & New York strip steaks, Southern buttermilk biscuits and ready-to-cook entrée options for special diets.
- A robust wine and beer selection – including many from local brewers like Edmund’s Oast and Frothy Beard Brewing Company – and a wide variety of hand-cut cheeses from around the world.
- Ample indoor and outdoor seating areas for customers to eat, drink and gather, and enjoy music and outdoor games.
- A large prepared foods section that includes sushi, Asian street food, a self-serve pizza station, salad bars and hot bars.
- A curated beauty and body care department featuring lines such as W3II People, Au Naturale Cosmetics, Pacifica, and Alba Botanica as well as body balm and hand soaps from local beauty company Deep Steep.
Whole Foods Market West Ashley will be hiring approximately 140 team members for positions throughout the store. Interested candidates should visit wholefoodsmarket.com/careers to apply.
The first Charleston Whole Foods Market location is located in Mount Pleasant at 923 Houston Northcutt Boulevard.