Sherman Oaks, Calif. (March 16, 2022) – Whole Foods Market opened its store at 12905 Riverside Drive in Sherman Oaks, Calif. on March 16. The new location’s assortment places an emphasis on local products from California, all hand-picked by Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Southern Pacific Region, Elena Garcia. As previously announced, the Sherman Oaks store is the second of two Whole Foods Market stores opened this year that feature Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology. With Just Walk Out Shopping, the store provides customers the choice to skip the register for a faster, more convenient shopping experience while offering the same high-quality products and exceptional service from Team Members as other Whole Foods Market stores. To learn more about how Just Walk Out Shopping works at Whole Foods Market, please visit https://Amazon.com/justwalkoutWFM.
Additional highlights of the Sherman Oaks store include:
- An array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, plus offerings from local farms like apples from Cuyama Orchards, sweet potatoes from Valpredo Farms and orchids from Formosa Pacific Orchids.
- Whole Foods Market Juice Bar offering smoothies, fresh juices and acai bowls. The bar will also serve a variety of coffee and espresso drinks, hot or iced.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring smoked salmon from Santa Barbara Smokehouse. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service butcher to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Department offers grass-fed and organic options as well as house made sausages and burger patties. Local products include free-range chicken from Mary’s Organic Chicken, turkeys from Mary’s Free-Range Turkey (available seasonally) and organic beef from Eel River.
- A Prepared Foods section with a deli counter, as well as hot and cold food bars. Department offerings include ready-to-eat soups and a range of quick meal solutions, including pre-packaged salads, sandwiches and pizza.
- Specialty department offering an array of cheese and wine selections. Local options include Burrata from Di Stefano Cheese, Spicy Gouda Dip from Spicy Mo’s and Genoa Salami from Gusto.
- Extensive selection of over 600 beer and wine, including local options such as wine from Field Recordings, beer from Three Weavers Brewing and hard kombucha from June Shine.
- Bakery offering fresh-baked breads and grab-and-go desserts with vegan and gluten-free options available. Many bakery offerings are supplied locally, including macarons from Rocq and hand-crafted artisanal bread from Larder Baking Company.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring more than 100 local body care products and supplements, such as skincare from evanhealy, hand soap from Zatik Naturals and wellness shots from Vive Organic.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 150 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the Sherman Oaks community, Whole Foods Market will be hosting multiple School Spirit Days in May where 5% proceeds will support local schools, including Dixie Canyon Elementary School, Riverside Drive Charter Elementary School, The Science Academy STEM Magnet and Wonderland Ave. Nonprofit organizations interested in support from Whole Foods Market can visit the Community Giving page to learn more.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/shermanoakseast.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit http://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.