AUSTIN, Texas (Jan. 12, 2014) – The latest shipment of six high quality, limited production wines that will be featured in Wine Club by Whole Foods Market is now available to order for January through March delivery. This shipment includes wines from California, Spain, Argentina, South Africa and Italy.
Members receive four shipments of six bottles each a year at the price of $125 per shipment, including shipping costs. Additional shipping charges may apply for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii. Shoppers can also select to receive or gift a one-time shipment and choose their delivery date at wholefoodsmarket.com/wine-club. Ongoing subscribers will receive additional shipments in May, September and November.
The Wine Club by Whole Foods Market makes it easy to try limited production wines or gift subscriptions for one or more months. From old favorites to new, more obscure varieties, each wine is hand-selected by Whole Foods Market’s global wine buyer, Doug Bell, and Master Sommelier and associate global wine buyer, Devon Broglie, in collaboration with wine.com.
Tasting notes for the wines in the winter shipment are below.
• Indigeno Pinot Grigio 2013 (Italy) – Light straw color with a salmon tint, this white has aromas of white flowers, apricots and peach and notes of lavender, honey and pear flavors with a touch of minerality.
• Verse & Chorus Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (California) – Crisp and refreshing, this white from the Carneros region of Napa Valley has aromas of honey and grapefruit, flavors of pear, melon, lemongrass and mango.
• Marques De La Musa Garnacha 2010 (Spain) – This red from the Aragon region has a dense red color and intense aromas of cassis, boysenberry and vanilla and flavors of coffee and spice.
• Dashe Cellars Zinfandel 2013 (California) – This deep purple Sonoma Valley red has aromas of violets and lavender mixed with clove and herbes de Provence and flavors of blackberry, chocolate and coffee.
• Criterion Malbec 2012 (Argentina) – Blueberry and blackberry aromas mix with hints of cinnamon and toasted nutmeg. This Mendoza red has generous black fruit flavors, supple tannins and a complex acid and mineral backbone.
• Braai Red Blend 2013 (South Africa) – With aromas of dark berries, earth and smoke, this robust red has a vibrant juiciness.
Visit wholefoodsmarket.com/wineclub to learn more or watch a video with Doug and Devon discussing the wines.